London Bar Offers Urine-Controlled Videogames

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
London Bar Offers Urine-Controlled Videogames

A South London Bar has spruced up its washrooms with urine-controlled videogames, thus making 'highscores' a legitimate excuse for drinking to excess.

This isn't the world's first videogame system controlled by people's golden emanations, oh no. Naturally, the Japanese got there first [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111140-Check-Out-Segas-Urinal-Console-In-Action], but this one has better graphics and - ugh - tighter controls.

The games, which all have delightful titles such as On the Piste and Clever Dick, are controlled by three infrared sensors located in the urinal. By directing the expelled contents of their bladder, players can guide a skier down a mountain, answer quiz questions and knock over penguins. The games feature a highscore board and, apparently, Twitter integration - because Twitter doesn't have enough references to bodily functions already.

The system is produced by Captive Media, which is a fairly accurate name given the circumstances. As system designer Gordon MacSween points out, while a man is draining his lizard (thanks, Susan) he is very much a captive audience, and pretty much has to read anything you put in front of him because the only alternative is making eye contact with his fellow bathroom goers.

I should also note that I am required at this juncture to make an obligatory 'crossing the streams' reference. Consider it made.

Source: Reuters [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1QxnG25Tl4&feature=player_embedded]

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Imagine what the Twitter feed will say when you're smashed.

"@JoeHerpDerp Set a new high score of 1,000,000,000 points! Via Clever Dick"

And the subsequent hashtags soon after.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
SO do ladys get a female vers-
I FEEL SO UNCLEAN
I know the feeling. >_>

Though on the other hand, how would that even work?

There's not much in the way of uh... Control... possible. Maybe moving your whole body, but that's uh... Awkward.

Oirish_Martin

Nov 21, 2007
Also, couldn't you totally hack this game by bringing along a super soaker? Mean you wouldn't run out of piss, or money, or consciousness.

Or is there some kind of temperature sensor involved here?

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
I always have to, err, drain my lizard a lot when I drink alcohol. On average, I have to go two or times with one bottle of beer. I'd probably become a pro at these games if the bar where I always go to, would implement these toilets.

primodummy

Nov 26, 2011
I've heard of ones in Japan, but I never expected any in the UK, but then again more people would find fun out of them.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well now you're just taking the piss.

But on a serious note totally stolen from Japan, not cool UK not cool at all.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
I'm not sure if I should be impressed or ashamed that the human race came up with something like that. Is taking a piss really such an arbitrary process that we have to make a game out of it?

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Err but what happen when the peeing is not long enough to finish the game? Would the skier be stuck to one side?

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Stubee said:
bleachigo10 said:
I'm not sure if I should be impressed or ashamed that the human race came up with something like that. Is taking a piss really such an arbitrary process that we have to make a game out of it?
Dude taking a piss is boring as hell. We don't even get to sit down
I agree with you there, but it only takes what a couple of seconds? Doesn't really seem like there would be enough time to play and enjoy the game.