New Riddick Film Back On Track

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
New Riddick Film Back On Track

A month after financial problems got crew members locked out of the studio, the next Riddick movie is reportedly starting back up.

Earlier this month, Vin Diesel's new Chronicles of Riddick movie was in some <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/113969-Rumor-Riddick-Sequel-Stuck-In-Shadows>pretty serious financial trouble. Diesel himself was considering working for scale, crew members weren't getting paid, and the owner of the studio had locked everyone out because the production company was behind on rent. Now, though, the problems have apparently been solved.

TMZ is reporting that all the bills have been paid and production is beginning to start up again:

But things have FINALLY changed ... so says studio owner Michel Trudel, who claims the production company recently paid up ... and he's willing to allow the flick to pick up where it left off.

However, not all of the financial issues are taken care of yet. Some crew members are reportedly still complaining about how they have yet to receive their backpay. Sources close to the film state that production company One Race Films is on schedule to pay everyone before filming starts up again on December 28th.

Source: <a href=http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/27/chronicles-of-riddick-vin-diesel-production-new/#.TtWUbHO-aw7>TMZ via <a href=http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1149130/riddick_production_restarts_as_financial_troubles_get_sorted.html>Den of Geek

Archangel768

Nov 9, 2010
Hope they sort out their financial issues because I like the Riddick films so I'm looking forward to this coming out.

Dec 14, 2009
Oh good, we get to enjoy more of Vin Diesel's acting.

The guy might be a gamer like one of us and enjoys geek culture, but he ain't a great actor.

That said, I do enjoy the films despite him.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:

The guy might be a gamer like one of us and enjoys geek culture, but he ain't a great actor.

The man played D&D with Judi Dench. I'm pretty sure credentials like that make it illegal to criticize him.

Dec 14, 2009
Micalas said:
Daystar Clarion said:

The man played D&D with Judi Dench. I'm pretty sure credentials like that make it illegal to criticize him.
Pfft, Illegal to criticise. That's the stupidest thing I'v-target has been apprehended

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I just recently re-watched Pitch Black. I'd love to see more Riddick. These financial troubles don't do much to encourage me, though.

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
Oh goodie. Maybe this one will be a decent Riddick film. Hopefully.

I mean, I enjoyed Pitch Black and CoR, but the latter could've been a bit better.

Still, more Riddick is always good.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Pick up where it left off? I hope they mean filming wise. Please let it be set between Dark Athena and Pitch Black. I still cant figure out how the two connect.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I'm glad. I enjoyed the character, and I liked the direction the second film went in, despite it feeling bogged down. I wouldn't mind seeing a conclusion though. If for no other reason than this will be a niche film and I have little faith in getting another.

But, I said the same thing about the Resident Evil movies... and they started sucking really really bad, so now I wish they would just end.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Assassin Xaero said:
Pick up where it left off? I hope they mean filming wise. Please let it be set between Dark Athena and Pitch Black. I still cant figure out how the two connect.
Don't worry, that's what they meant.

Plus, if it's a sequel to Chronicles then what's it going to be about? Riddick rampaging through the galaxy with his invincible zombie-ghost army....Scratch that, I would watch the hell out of that movie.

Still, I hope it goes more the route of Pitch Black, where Riddick had actual depth, rather than in Chronicles where Vin turned him into a walking macho cliché.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
ChildofGallifrey said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Don't worry, that's what they meant.

Plus, if it's a sequel to Chronicles then what's it going to be about? Riddick rampaging through the galaxy with his invincible zombie-ghost army....Scratch that, I would watch the hell out of that movie.

Still, I hope it goes more the route of Pitch Black, where Riddick had actual depth, rather than in Chronicles where Vin turned him into a walking macho cliché.
This is true! Pitch Black was awesome as you really never quite knew if he was a good guy or a bad guy. Even at the end he was still just in it for himself! The epic worlds created in CoR though were just awesome! That's what the films are for me, an awesome killing machine, and the incredible thought up and imagined worlds! Love it!

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
My main complaint to Chronicles of Riddick was that it was supposedly a sequel to Pitch Black. If it was an unrelated movie, it woul have been fine.

It was sufficiently weird an inventive, though.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Well if they're low on cash, maybe this time they'll remember to focus on Riddick, the POINT of the movies, instead of being a special effects clusterfuck like the first movie. Go back to Pitch Black or the animated movie, those were great.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
How exactly do you make another Riddick film when the last one ended with him becoming the king of everything? Is it a prequel or is he fighting goddamned Galactus with his army of not-Chaos Space Marines?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
As long as David Twohy is also on board, so am I.
DVS BSTrD said:
Vin Diesel only every plays Vin Diesel, except when he did the voice for the Iron Giant (I was surprised to). He not that complex or interesting but he IS fun to watch.
Not all actors are meant to be complex, but I disagree about Vin being uninteresting. The guy has done several different types of roles and does manage to avoid complete cookie cutter syndrome. You watch action movies for Vin Diesel, Arnold Schwarzenegger, or Wesley Snipes. You don't go into them expecting to later see those actors up for an Academy Award(which is a feature that is stuck in cookie cutter syndrome, but that's another ball of dough.)
However, that being said, I do have a movie for you to see sometime. Find Me Guilty. You should look it up when you get a chance. It should change your mind about Vin being so uncomplex or not so interesting.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Siege_TF said:
How exactly do you make another Riddick film when the last one ended with him becoming the king of everything? Is it a prequel or is he fighting goddamned Galactus with his army of not-Chaos Space Marines?
Who said he kept the job? Riddick never struck me as someone as wanting to be in charge of the Universe's version of the Mongol Horde. He more just wants to be left alone. If they haven't changed the story during their effort to find capital, this one will return Riddick into another situation a lot like how he ended up in Pitch Black.