Assassin's Creed: Revelations Sneaks Onto PC Early

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Assassin's Creed: Revelations Sneaks Onto PC Early

PC gamers, rejoice! Assassin's Creed: Revelations just leapt out of the shadows and is now available for Windows ahead of its original December release date.

While <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-sony-playstation3/dp/B004YVOCV4/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322708682&sr=8-1>Assassin's Creed: Revelations launched for consoles a couple of weeks ago, Ubisoft was a little coy about the PC build's release date. The publisher originally planned to release the game for PC sometime in December, but the PC version is now available.

The PC release includes Steam, though Joystiq is reporting that it won't be available until tomorrow (December 1st) if you live outside North America. Additionally, the game won't use the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111951-Ubisoft-Says-Always-On-DRM-A-Success>much-maligned "always-on" DRM.

Ubisoft's also announced that it's launched Assassin's Creed Embers, the new CGI movie that tells the final chapter of Ezio Auditore's life.

Source: Joystiq

Apr 28, 2008
Hm, on one hand they're not using their online DRM, which I fully support.

On the other hand, they essentially told me to fuck off with all their whole "PC users are dirty, bitching pirates" thing they're doing.

Hm...

JordanXlord

Mar 29, 2010
*raises glass*

HOO-ZAH!!

oh yea i forgot i am getting this for the Xbox360 on Christmas...

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
/me picked it up at Target on Sunday. So, about five days before it was due for release. Also about $10 cheaper than normal.

That Target also had Batman a few days early, but they weren't selling it at that point.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
wow. suddenly available. maybe i will get it from steam for once. thsi might be my last game i will get form ubisoft, since im a filthy pirate to them.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
D2D also allowed me to download it today, instead of tomorrow.

Nice.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I should really finish Brotherhood at some point...

OT: I'm torn on supporting a company that so clearly has it's head up it's ass when it comes to DRM. If I buy this game, will it send a message that I like they're not using the always on DRM, or will they ignore that I've voted with my wallet and continue to use that insufferable system of idiocy. Decisions decisions, then again, they did insult PC gamers a few days ago. I don't know if someone who assumes their customers are criminals is someone I want to give my money to.

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
Whether or not you decide to get it on PC, I would definitely recommend this game to any Assassin's Creed fans. It's another solid chapter in the ongoing story, and the more money this game makes, the more viable the AC franchise will be in the long run. If you're pissed at Ubisoft's policies, you have every right to let them know, but don't let this game fall by the wayside just because they've made mistakes elsewhere. I can't guarantee that every series fan will love it, but I'd be surprised if you walked away disappointed.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
How much you wanna bet a ton of PC Gamers are going to rally to pirate the game to spite Ubisoft for the things about Ghost Recon and I Am Alive?.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Mr. Omega said:
How much you wanna bet a ton of PC Gamers are going to rally to pirate the game to spite Ubisoft for the things about Ghost Recon and I Am Alive?.
Pfft, I'm not even going to bother to pirate any future Ubisoft games. I'll simply ignore every release they come with.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
vansau said:
Additionally, the game won't use the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111951-Ubisoft-Says-Always-On-DRM-A-Success>much-maligned "always-on" DRM.
*double take*

See, this very nearly convinced me to buy the game right now, even in spite of their previous comments. The only reason I'm not is because I haven't played the previous two.

Hmmmm... I want to give Ubisoft a carrot for once...

])rStrangelove

Oct 25, 2011
I cant stay away from the AC series even if i tried to. Running across rooftops in a hood seems to be something i love doing, for whatever reason.

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
Cool, sadly my collectors edition only shipped from Amazon today. But I can wait for my Ezio fix - good thing the SWTOR beta was last weekend otherwise I would've been seriously torn ... oh who am I kidding Ezio would've waited, he's a good guy.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
well, i got it today after all from steam. and it works just fine. at least after over an hour of playing i had no issues.
read on steam that ubisoft did fix some problems with a lunch patch.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/29/assassins-creed-revelations-day-one-patch-revealed/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

maybe there is still some hope for ubi :p

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Dexter111 said:
This might have something to do with the fact that the PC version of their game "leaked" out there onto Torrent sites about 7 days ago...
Granted, it was a pretty buggy version - crack came out after three or four days, and Desmond's Memories kept crashing.

I was going to download it, but I thought "fuck this, I will just wait till release to play the game, and never going to buy another Ubi$oft game ever". Because if they treat me like a pirate, when this is ANOTHER AC game I bought in pre-order, I will just stop supporting them.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Well, like I said at he new year and I said when they announced that daft DRM system, the accountants have stepped in to kill it.

That always on DRM represented an infinite cost for games with a distinctly finite revenue stream, like trying to run an MMO server that requires one subscription payment... and that's it. Sooner or later someone would realise it's a good way to lose money, although I imagine Ubisoft's accounts department as being like Kif Kroker.

Sir, our games are losing money again, the DRM servers are...

WHAT?! LOSING MONEY!? THOSE DAMN FILTHY PIRATES! MORE DRM!

But sir it's no...

MORE DRM!!!

Bubutbut... eurgh... yes sir...