PS3 Users Get Battlefield 3 Expansion First

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
PS3 Users Get Battlefield 3 Expansion First

Players with the PS3 version of Dice's Battlefield 3 are getting the "Back to Karkand" expansion a week ahead of everyone else.

The expansion [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109932-First-Battlefield-3-Expansion-Goes-Back-to-Karkand], which EA was pimping relentlessly on the run up to BF3's release arrives on PS3 on December sixth, and is free for those who preordered Battlefield 3, as I'm sure you already know. For those who didn't plonk down the cash in advance, it'll cost you a smooth $15.

That fifteen bucks nets you four new maps culled from the annals of Battlefield history, including the titular Strike at Karkand, three new vehicles, an extra game mode and ten new weapons. The new content is unlocked by completing "assignments" - which are of the usual 'murder X people with Y gun' variety.

Happy hunting.

Source: Battlefield 3 Blog [http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/12/01/back-to-karkand-launches-for-the-playstation-3-on-tuesday.aspx]

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
I bet they would like a copy of 1943 instead of being allowed to pay early.

At least this adds more than just 5 maps for 15$.

[small][sub]*cough cough* first *cough cough*[/sub][/small]

CpnChaos

Sep 20, 2010
People, 1943 can be had now! EA is fixing this issue! Let it go!

Also, this was known since Sony announced both the 1943 download and All DLC one week earlier at their E3 conference. This really isn't breaking news, we've known this would happen since June.

MaoExE

Jun 3, 2011
No offense, but is this actually new?

I would've sworn that this was known all the way back at E3, or whenever Sony announced the whole "Free 1943"

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I want to play the maps, but why is everything trying to lure me away from Skyward Sword?!

First.the Shogun 2 blood pack, then picking up a head of steam on FIFA 12, and now this!

Oh and just to join the crowd, MOAN MOAN MOAN BF1943 MOAN MOAN!!!

Fleischer

Jan 8, 2011
OT: It doesn't seem like that big of a deal that PS3 gets the DLC first.

Fr said:
anc[is]
wooty said:
Shogun 2 blood pack
...Please don't tell me you paid money for that.
Eh, I wouldn't knock it until you tried it.

I'm trying to wait on buying Shogun 2 until a GotY(ish) edition comes out. It seems like CA always releases one after I buy the vanilla version. :\

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
I'll see YOU on Wake Island a week after the PS3 owners have been there, but I won't have to use a controller and I'll have no jaggies.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Fr said:
anc[is]
wooty said:
Shogun 2 blood pack
...Please don't tell me you paid money for that.
It was only £1 and to be honest the kill bill style blood spraying is well worth it. Got nothing elsre to spend my wages on anyway.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Fleischer said:
Eh, I wouldn't knock it until you tried it.
wooty said:
It was only £1 and to be honest the kill bill style blood spraying is well worth it. Got nothing elsre to spend my wages on anyway.
It just feels to me like the worst kind if nickel and dime DLC, down there with overpriced skin packs. Next we're going to see "voice acting for your RTS units, $10 DLC"

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
What's that sound? It's the sound of Micro$oft having a shit fit. Well yes I think it is.

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
Okay.

Well, to avoid low-content-posts, I'll just state my opinion that I am VERY EXCITED to play Wake Island again. It's been my favorite map and I missed it so much I'd forsake BC2 to go play 1943. Which, IMO, was the most bang-for-your-buck XBL arcade multiplayer game I've ever played.

The fact that it'll come out a week after it gets released to the PS3 doesn't phase me or make me feel angry at all.

In other news, I was reading the AOL homepage...

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
This is the reason that EA isn't condemned to hell yet. Sure they have those RETARDEDLY EVIL online passes...but at least they actually gave a reward to buying new, as well as making it a bit pricey, but giving new things to use on new maps...rather than just maps

Still, the lack of trust with them means I'm not buying BF3 and ain't holding my breath for any future BF games...which they and everyone else besides me probably doesn't care about...

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Where is EL Alamain!! >.< booo

i swear that map was more popular on Bf1942 than Wake Island.

Or is DICE pretending like they're best Battlefield game ever never existed?

Frost27

Good news everyone!
Jun 3, 2011
Kalezian said:
vivalahelvig said:
I bet they would like a copy of 1943 instead of being allowed to pay early.

At least this adds more than just 5 maps for 15$.

actually, I think EA/DICE went back and agreed to give 1943 to the PS3 crowd, either immediately, or along with the launch of the expansion pack.

OT: Meh, I can wait, Im already tired of getting killed by no-skill engineers and their god damned Rocket Launchers.
And SCAR spray. Can't forget the point and click death ray.

I already played and got tired of 1943 so couldn't have cared less about that debacle.