Death Star Trench Run Recreated in Minecraft

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Death Star Trench Run Recreated in Minecraft

Fans of Star Wars lovingly assembled a video recreating Luke Skywalker's amazing feat. Stay on target!

Even if you loathe anything that's recreated [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/112701-LucasFilms-Confirms-adding-NOOOOOO-to-Return-of-the-Jedi] in the sandbox of Minecraft before, but a near shot-for-shot recreation of an entire scene rendered in blocky goodness? That makes YouTube poster ParadiseDecay's video all the more exceptional.

I love the video's use of sound from the original spliced with voiceover work from the creators. The mix delivers an authentic feel while accentuating the care taken to craft such a detailed video. The explosion of the Death Star was a little lackluster - I would have liked to see more of a boom, honestly - but the whole piece is just made of pure (and I don't use this term lightly) awesome-sauce.

If you're interested in how ParadiseDecay and his team made the nearly 5 minute video, check out the "Making of" video below:

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Vader: THATS THE LAST TIME WE MAKE THE ESSENTIAL PARTS FOR THE DEATH STAR FROM TNT BLOCKS!

Serious now, thats was pretty good.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
One small thing, clouds. Could have turned them off in options...

Anyways, awesome as all hell. Really, really cool.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
One more small thing, they should have found a way to speed up camera movement or just sped up the video, because it looked as if they were riding slow-ass donkeys, and not flying X-Wings through that trench.

Appleshampoo

Sep 27, 2010
That looks...awful to be honest. I had no idea what was happening other than some grey and black blocks.

Hussmann54

Dec 14, 2009
Appleshampoo said:
That looks...awful to be honest. I had no idea what was happening other than some grey and black blocks.
Welcome to minecraft. Have a cookie....

CAPTCHA: Considerably plunte

*puts on monocle... yes quite considerably....

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
I just have to put up one of the comments from that video:

"@xAztec92 Sweet coping mechanism for the fact that you will never accomplish something as amazing as this. Enjoy that... "social" life of yours."
- ErikRAWR

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Guest starring skeleton archer and zombie as confused and recently spaced combatants.

But seriously, a lot of work. Good show.:)