Modern Bard Performs Skyrim's "The Dragonborn Comes"

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Modern Bard Performs Skyrim's "The Dragonborn Comes"

She may not be shouting, but this girl's Voice may still knock you backward.

If you've ever bought mead in a Skyrim inn, you've probably heard "The Dragonborn Comes," a stilted lute tune seemingly adored by near all unemployed crooners and wayward tavern drunkards across the province. The song tells the story of a mystical hero with a warrior's heart and a Voice that's so special it's a proper noun. While the pub renditions of "Dragonborn" oddly seem to only be sung by choristers with less musical prowess than a drowning Argonian (which, for the lizard people of the Black Marsh, has got to be some pretty impressive drowning), YouTube user malufenix has leant some legitimate harmonic stylings to the tune for a more modern, pleasing interpretation of the canticle.

Let's sing along, shall we? Dibs on the baritone.

Our hero, our hero, claims a warrior's heart
I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes
With a Voice wielding power of the ancient Nord art
Believe, believe, the Dragonborn comes
It's an end to the evil, of all Skyrim's foes
Beware, beware, the Dragonborn comes
For the darkness has passed, and the legend yet grows
You'll know, You'll know the Dragonborn's come

People of Skyrim sing this song because they know in their meaty, Nordic hearts that Dovakhiin is on his or her way. Now that moderns have got the urge to belt the notes, does that mean we can expect a helmeted hero of our own soon? It could be any one of us. Perhaps it's best if we all just stand in front of our pets screaming "Fus Ro Da!" until one flies off the kitchen counter and we find out who it is.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Nice talent, yet it is sad that she resorted to auto-tune. That invalidates her skills.

Dec 14, 2009
Drago-Morph said:
I used to be the Dragonborn, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
I use to take arrows to the knee, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

OT: Too much autotune.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Don't really like her adding her own stuff. First time I heard the song was an amazing moment in game. Found some traveling bard, he was searching for stories, and he sang that song for me. And it was beautiful. But yeah, she did a great job with the actual song.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
I use to take arrows to the knee, even after I took that arrow to the knee... but then i took a sword to the chest.

OT: Would be nice to hear her real voice.. still not too bad.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Fantastic rendition.
Gave me chills.

JaredXE said:
Nice talent, yet it is sad that she resorted to auto-tune. That invalidates her skills.
Where is this auto tune? I've listened to this a few times now, and I don't hear it.
Reverb, sure. But Auto tune? Where?

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Saw this on Twitter an hour or so ago, been listening to it over and over ever since! Fantastic work and beautiful voice!
The video description also states that a fan made a Skyrim mod to put her music on the main menu instead of the original!

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
JaredXE said:
Dont hear any Auto-tune, I hear some reverb and effects in there to make it sound epic but no auto-tune, there is a difference between effects and auto tune y'know...

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
This needs more Nordic metal. Id love to see a cover by Emperor, or maybe Dimmu Borgir.

But shes pretty decent.

Ghostkai

Jun 14, 2008
I used to be able to sing songs like this... Till I took a arrow to the knee...

But, seriously, AMAZING. Watched it too many times now...

winter2

Oct 10, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Drago-Morph said:
I used to be the Dragonborn, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
I used to take arrows to the knee, but then I took a mace to the face...

OT: The girl looks high... also, auto tuned FTL.

leahzero

May 20, 2007
This is the most amazing fan response to Skyrim I've seen yet.

Who is this girl? Why is Bethesda not hiring her ASAP?

leahzero

May 20, 2007
JaredXE said:
And you can tell because of the pixels, right?

Proof or GTFO.