Xenoblade Chronicles Coming to America

Hevva

Shipwrecked, comatose, newsie
Aug 2, 2011
Xenoblade Chronicles Coming to America

Xenoblade Chronicles for Wii will finally get a limited American release in April 2012.

Until today, Xenoblade Chronicles was part of an Operation Rainfall [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.307629-Nintendo-of-Europe-Hears-RPG-Fans-Pleas?page=1], Nintendo has announced an April 2012 release for Xenoblade Chronicles.

Developed by first-party Nintendo studio Monolith Soft, Xenoblade Chronicles was released in Japan in June 2010 and in Europe and Australia just over a year later. At the time, Nintendo of America (NAO) CEO Reggie Fils-Aime, prompted by the floods of emails, Tweets and letters sent his way by Operation Rainfall, wouldn't comment on the prospect of a US release beyond saying that NOA would pay close attention [http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/118/1187097p1.html] to the game's performance in Europe.

The game will come with a $49.99 price tag and will only be available from GameStop locations and NOA's own website. While GameStop's website [http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/xenoblade-chronicles/98535] has the game listed for release on 2 April 2012, no official announcement regarding the launch date has yet been made.

Given this success, many American JRPG-watchers will now be wondering if the chances of US releases for the remaining two games targeted by Operation Rainfall, namely The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, have improved at all. Operation Rainfall is still alive and campaigning; if you're inclined to do so, you can give it a hand blog [http://www.facebook.com/notes/operation-rainfall/special-update-important/276861569016061].

Source: Gamasutra [http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/38925/Nintendos_Xenoblade_Chronicles_Finally_Comes_To_America.php]

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Seriously, this is so much win! I might actually dust my Wii off again after Skyward Sword now!

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
I am still clueless as to why it never got released in the USA.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
4RM3D said:
I am still clueless as to why it never got released in the USA.
Maybe Nintendo doesn't like money?....hah!

OT: Heard good things about this game....it's on my Christmas list and getting it then...so I'll have too wait until then too see. xD

ZehMadScientist

Oct 29, 2010
This really feels like a victory. This proves that, as a fan, you CAN get shit done if you have enough commitment and like-minded people.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Well, I've heard it's quite simply one of the best JRPGs of this generation, so congratulations to the Americans (I really should play it myself, but my Dad said he was going to buy it for my birthday and I haven't seen him since, so I haven't had the chance).

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I, for one, is happy that you are finally getting that game!
Coming from a guy who doesn't play Jrpg too often, the game is bloody fantastic (my top game of this year) which I know for sure that you will love it and be thankful for them to finally release it over there!

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
April, huh? I share a Wii with my sister (and we live about 250 miles apart), so I'll have to entice her to do something else that month.

Or maybe I'll just let her play the darned game first. Either/or.

Jan 27, 2011
I went on Nintendo's official site and looked up Xenoblade in the search box...and got nothing at all!

What, are they not allowing us Canadians to order it from them?

EDIT: WAIT! Nevermind, found it on their store site....

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
This is GREAT news!

But here comes the moment of truth, fellow gamers. We said we wanted it, we petitioned, complained, wrote on blogs and forums... but now that the game is coming, we gotta make good on those promises.

BUY THIS GAME.

It's worth owning a Wii for. If you have a Wii, it's a no-brainer. Buy it. If you know someone with a Wii, tell them to get it or buy it for them as a gift.

Still, fantastic news... but I'm still wanting Pandora's Tower and The Last Story to hit our shores too.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
This and the localization of FF Type-0 please me greatly, a wonderful week for announcements.

Although this USA only and "Fuck Canada" is quite retarded, but we got gamestop up here. I'm pretty sure EB will get it as well and if not, a quick trip to Amazon/Ebay mends this stupid issue.

Now here is hoping Last Story and Pandoras Tower follow close behind.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
ZehMadScientist said:
This really feels like a victory. This proves that, as a fan, you CAN get shit done if you have enough commitment and like-minded people.
Yeah, it'll only come about two years later when a good number of people who wanted it will have already found means to play it. But, the system works!

Aiden Raine

Oct 3, 2011
now we just need last story and pandora's tower. hopefully after xenoblade sells and forces NoA to eat their own idiocy, they'll release those as well.