Judge Dredd Vs. Zombies Shambles Onto Mobile Devices

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Judge Dredd Vs. Zombies Shambles Onto Mobile Devices

It's been nearly a decade since the last Judge Dredd videogame. Now he's back, killing zombies on the go.

Judge Joseph "I Am The Law" Dredd has arrived on iOS devices, but his new game may not be what you expected. Instead of roaming throughout Mega-City One and arresting/passing judgment on various criminals, it turns out that Dredd is running around levels and handing out lethal justice on the zombies running amok.

Based on the trailer, the game is pretty reminiscent of Smash TV, thanks to its top-down graphics and multi-directional shooter gameplay. Instead of being on TV, though, you, uh, judge the undead (read: shoot them) and "stop zombie crime" (read: shoot them some more). Other than that, it's hard to tell what the game's about, though it looks like you'll have a crazy amount of weapons to choose from.

I'm kind of holding out hope that this proves to be better than it looks, since the trailer doesn't show off any storyline. Maybe the Dark Judges appear later on in the game (like in <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Necropolis-Judge-Dredd-Titan-Numbered/dp/1840236019/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323210362&sr=8-1>Judge Dredd: Necropolis), or something else adds some fun to the overall experience. You can download the game from <a href=http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/judge-dredd-vs-zombies/id476542841?mt=8>the App Store for $0.99.

Also, seriously? "Zombie crime"? Is that when they steal your wallet before they eat your brains?

Source: <a href=http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/12/judge_the_judge_dredd_game_not_lest_ye_be_judged.php>Topless Robot

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
I'm disappointed that they didn't use Stallone's "I AM. THE LAW!" voice. Other than that I like the look of it. Not sure how fast the "funny quips" might run out though!

Reishadowen

Mar 18, 2011
Well, I don't really see what a defender of the law and a guy who shoots criminals has in common with zombies, but, well, it's a game about shooting zombies, for the road! What's not to like?

NOMBIES! NOM ON THIS! *BLAM*

(Shall I even bother add input about the growing zombie singularity Yahtzee warned us would overtake video games some day?)

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Can we get a serious and well done Judge Dredd game for once. is that so hard to ask for.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Doesn't really appeal to me. Nice try, but Judge Dread fighting zombies for no good reason is just not my "cup of tea". I'd actually be more interesting in him fighting actual criminals.

TheDooD said:
Can we get a serious and well done Judge Dredd game for once. is that so hard to ask for.
I can say that I would buy a GOOD Judge Dread game. Something similar to what they did with Human Revolution. Good game-play and combat with some interesting conversation bosses thrown in.

I think it could be real fun asking a perp questions and "judging" him in that kind of game.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Dr. Pepper Unlimited said:
It seems everything must incorporate zombies these days...

-_-
We've yet to get Sim City with Zombies.

Where you build a city and occasionally have zombie outbreaks. As opposed to the aliens and godzilla of yester year.

Anywho, the last judge dredd game I played was on the SNES. Rubber bullets bouncing off of walls is all I remember.