Mini Ninjas Will Sneak Onto Chrome, Turn You Into A Panda

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Mini Ninjas Will Sneak Onto Chrome, Turn You Into A Panda

Bastion isn't the only game coming to Google Chrome: Square Enix has a slew of titles coming to the browser, starting with Mini Ninjas.

Now that Supergiant Games has revealed that Google Chrome is the latest platform to play quality games like Bastion on, it's time for other groups to get on the bandwagon. Enter Square Enix, which has just announced that Mini Ninjas - the adorable action adventure title from 2009 - is going to be ported to Google's browser.

According to Square Enix, the game will compatible in the soon-to-be released version 17 of Chrome (which is due out in a couple of weeks). The game is due to be released sometime within 2012, but an open beta of Mini Ninjas will begin sometime this month.

Mini Ninjas is only the first game that Square Enix plans to bring into Chrome, though details about additional content is sparse, at best: "Additional titles from Square Enix's group-wide lineup are planned to be made available in the browser within the next year."

If you're interested in signing up for the beta, you can do so at the official Mini Ninjas website.

Source: Joystiq.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
This is great news, but after installing the Bastion trial the other and not being able to see my character or the environment, I feel a bit disheartened that I can't play these =D

Still, the fact that this is happening at all is incredible. I really hope some other big name developers get behind this idea and we start seeing more Chrome based games.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Why not put another good game on these browsers? Honestly, Mini-Ninjas was not too great.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
karloss01 said:
Haven't played Mini Ninjas so I hope they don't kill pandas as that would be
Nobody likes a panda killer. I love the Genki games. Looking forward too the Genki DLC. ^^

OT: Interesting...I'll try it out then when it arrives.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
on behalf of the escapist branch (4 members and counting) of the cult of the great panda (may he find the forest of everlasting bamboo) I object to the use of pandas as anything other than a symbol of worship and superpowers. Having pandas as enemies in a game is simply ridiculous due to the inherent immortality in every panda.

OT:so either these are the next-gen flash games or chrome is becoming the new steam...cool.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
therandombear said:
karloss01 said:
Haven't played Mini Ninjas so I hope they don't kill pandas as that would be
Nobody likes a panda killer. I love the Genki games. Looking forward too the Genki DLC. ^^

OT: Interesting...I'll try it out then when it arrives.
i am too, also made that gif myself just for this thread. :D

Zarkov

Mar 26, 2010
Let's see how far this can go. And I think it's cool because the games to be released on Chrome can't be graphics heavy, and thus have to rely on actual gameplay to be good.

We'll see where this goes.