Would You Tattoo Miyamoto's Signature?

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Would You Tattoo Miyamoto's Signature?

Permanently inking yourself with the autograph of the master behind Mario and Zelda might be the coolest thing ever.

As celebrity goes, Deadmau5 is pretty famous. He is a prominent music-maker in the dance, trip hop, hop step, electronic house scene - or whatever the kids are calling it these days. I've even seen him perform at Activision's party in LA for E3 2010. But Mr. Mau5 was in awe at the Video Game Awards this weekend when he met Japanese videogame legend Shigeru Miyamoto. Miyamoto was presented with the first Hall of Fame award at the event, for which Deadmau5 was providing the music, and at some point found time to grab a sharpie and sign the DJ's forearm. In a scene that is now forever immortalized on video, Deadmau5 - aka Joel Zimmerman, a huge gaming nerd - asked a tattoo artist to come over yesterday and got that signature permanently etched on his body.

[gallery=573]

Mr. Mau5 had the foresight to stream the entire tattooing process live over the interwebs, but aside from seeing the extensive anti-infection precautions taken by the artist, there's nothing very compelling to watch. The cool part is that Deadmau5 now wears his geekdom firmly on his skin. The placement above the four heart containers already tattooed there just cements DeadMau5's love of videogames.

Even if you are famous DJ, there's always someone cooler than you. And that someone is Shigeru Miyamoto.

Source: Deadmau5's Facebook [http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=8818239&l=57d7422b50&id=9980651805]

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Not a fan of Deadmau5, and also not a fan of getting people's names tattoo'd on yourself unless a) they're someone you know personally that is family/friend/whatever and has died... or b) your kid's names...
But hey, everyone's got their thing.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Well if your going to get someones name as a tattoo on you I suppose Shigeru Miyamoto is a good way to go.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Now this would have been EVEN cooler if Miyamoto had actually inked the tattoo himself.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Nope, but I would get the Hylian Crest or one of the fairies tatooed......if I liked pain

the spud

May 2, 2011
Hey, did they ever get that technology where you could graph someone's arm onto someone else's MGS2 style worked out? Just askin'

DAAANtheMAAAN

Sep 5, 2011
Nope. I've not been the biggest fan of Nintendo for the past few years, and I still sincerely find Miyamoto to be rather insane. Now, had it been Nobuo Uematsu...

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Miyamoto actually does have a fairly artistic signature, I can understand getting it inked. As long as it's next to his heart containers and creeper-face, I don't think he'll ever regret it.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Well, he does have an awesome signature. If you're into that kind of thing. And people fawn over special items with signatures all the time. So now he can carry his pride with him, I guess.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Lagao said:
Hey look another retarded tatoo withing a day!
Only this time it's somewhat Nintendo-related, so we're obviously meant to view this one par with the arrival of some benevolent godlike like entity turning up on earth and solving the entire worlds problems in a few mere seconds. Or something else equally as wonderful and unlikely to happen.

Because that's how it's meant to be when we're talking about Nintendo...

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Wow that's cool. It's like if Naughty Dog came and tattooed Crash on my chest...which I would love. What a cool way to capture a moment with a cool celebrity!

Also...wtf is up with the new look Escapist...hurts my eyes.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Saw the title and thought, deadmau5.

But yeah, I want deadmau5' tattoo's, and I probably would get Shigeru Miyamoto's signature tattoo'ed to.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
You know, if I'm ever gonna get a tattoo, that's a pretty damn cool one. I do really adore Miyamoto.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
No questions asked. I don't even play Zelda or Mario, but would get the guys name inked on me.