Humble Indie Bundle 4 is a Meaty Slab of Awesome

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Humble Indie Bundle 4 is a Meaty Slab of Awesome

The Humble Indie Bundle 4 is here, and it is a killer!

I've never been entirely comfortable with "best ever!" superlatives but holy crap, check this one out. The Humble Indie Bundle 4 [http://www.humblebundle.com/] brings you Jamestown, Bit.Trip Runner, Super Meat Boy, Shank and NightSky HD, plus for those who pay more than the average [which, as usual, is ridiculously low], Gratuitous Space Battles and Cave Story+! That is a phenomenal pile of gaming.

You know the deal: pay what you want - the average price is currently sitting at a little under five bucks - support Child's Play, the EFF, the indie studios and the Humble Bundle guys in whatever portion you see fit, everything runs natively in Linux and OS X as well as Windows and it's all completely DRM-free. The games can be downloaded stand-alone or through Steam, but of course they won't be DRM-free that way.

Okay, you know what? I'm calling it - Best Humble Indie Bundle Ever! The response so far would seem to support that conclusion, too; the HIB4 has only been up for a few hours and it's already sold nearly 47,000 copies, totaling roughly $230,000. I think that when this is all over, we could very well be looking at a new Humble Bundle heavyweight champ.

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Wow... That is a good deal. These bundles are such a fantastic way of raising money for charity. I've been saying for a while now that games can generate a lot of money for charities through things like this.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
I already own the best two (Super Meat Boy & Bit.Trip) but i bought it for a friend who hasn't played them yet.

P.S. Does anyone notice something different about the Escapist? I can't seem to put my finger on it....

piplink

Mar 11, 2011
when i get the money, i'm giving 5.00$, i REALLY want cave story.

captcha: fectlyt s/2002/1324

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
Another one? If child's play wants all my money all they have to do is ask.

Here bank card...

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
ciancon said:
I already own the best two (Super Meat Boy & Bit.Trip)

P.S. Does anyone notice something different about the Escapist? I can't seem to put my finger on it....
I own those two as well, though extreme hit-or-miss platforming has not suited to my personal liking.

It's "shiny" (as in mostly a glaring white) and new (as in easier to navigate in everything except new videos) :(

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I already have a lot of those games. But I've been wanting gratuitous space battles for a while, and NightSky seems like a fun diversion...
Oh, what the hell, it's only $5. I'll add onto that amount with gifts to friends, I just don't like the way they handle that. If I want to buy 30 1$ gifts I have to go through the process 30 times and feel guilty each time when they complain I'm not contributing enough.

Zolrak 22

Sep 9, 2009
GeorgW said:
I already have a lot of those games. But I've been wanting gratuitous space battles for a while, and NightSky seems like a fun diversion...
Oh, what the hell, it's only $5. I'll add onto that amount with gifts to friends, I just don't like the way they handle that. If I want to buy 30 1$ gifts I have to go through the process 30 times and feel guilty each time when they complain I'm not contributing enough.
I know _>

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Tiamat666 said:
Too many platformers. Not enough variety.
Well I'm kinda hesitating since they almost always add stuff on later. Though I don't know if buying now and beating the average will get whatever comes later. Does anyone else know?

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
80Maxwell08 said:
Tiamat666 said:
Too many platformers. Not enough variety.
Well I'm kinda hesitating since they almost always add stuff on later. Though I don't know if buying now and beating the average will get whatever comes later. Does anyone else know?
Jup, you get it all no matter when you buy.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
My reaction was this:

*Check email*
*See HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE 4! email*
*Buy Bundle*
*Check Escapist*
*Triple take at changes*

So, first post on the new Escapist. AMAZING Indie Bundle. I nearly always buy these now.

But seriously, this layout will take some getting used to. It's too... bright.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Still not as awesome as the Introversion bundle, but see if that stops me from throwing my money at it. (Hint: No.)

Dammit, HumbleBundle! It's like you WANT me to fail my exams! D:

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
So, how long does this go on for? I won't be getting any money until later in the month (And I was going to save all that to buy stuff on my new Kindle, but...). Seriously, those are all games I want to play (Although, I was probably going to get the DSi or 3DS version of Cave Story and the 3DS collection of Bit.Trip).

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I bought it and I beat the average.

The thing I like about these bundles, besides the faith they have in the community, is how they make you choose. Do I want to support the people who make games for me, or dying children more? Screw it they get the same amount.

If I didn't have 2 finals tomorrow I would be jumping into them right now, and recruiting people to help me.

This weekend I will beat Jamestown, and I need a few Escapists to help me.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
This is so awesome. I've wanted to get bit trip runner and cave story for quite some time. Now I got them all for only 3 quid!

Also, well done bronies for the 3500 dollars you raised to buy this. Don't see many other communities joining together to do such a thing dont ya?

sturryz

Nov 17, 2007
still waiting for them to send me my Humble Bundle key, I swear this whole humble bundle trend will die due to technical issues. their having technical email issues atm.

Ninmecu

May 31, 2011
sturryz said:
still waiting for them to send me my Humble Bundle key, I swear this whole humble bundle trend will die due to technical issues. their having technical email issues atm.
So far the only game that's been running smoothly for me from download/steam key'd is bit.trip =( Super meat boy keeps crashing on start up, nightsky/jamestown/shank crash for various reasons, the oddest of all being "Steam must be active" after I started the game FROM steam. All the same, Child's Play ftw.