Hard Reset Coming To Stores As Extended Edition

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Hard Reset Coming To Stores As Extended Edition

You say that you want more content for Hard Reset? How about an Extended Edition with more levels, enemies, and better graphics?

Hard Reset charmed a lot of people when it was first revealed for Steam, though the actual release left people <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4784-Hard-Reset>a little divided about how good the game actually was. Now, publisher Kalypso Media has revealed that the game is getting a bit of a "do over", thanks to an upcoming retail release that features more content, updated graphics, and more back-story elements.

One of the big complaints about Hard Reset was that it was too short and re-used a lot of elements throughout the game. Hard Reset: Extended Edition, however, will contain a total of five new levels and four new enemies, as well as a new boss fight. On top of that, the new version of the game will contain "two additional survival mode stages".

Developer Flying Wild Hog is also promising that "additional gameplay elements" will be included, aside from the aforementioned visual upgrade and additional plot elements. Hard Reset: Extended Edition is due to hit store shelves in March, though it hasn't been revealed if gamers who purchased the game via digital distribution will be able to pick up the extra content without shelling out full price.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-12-13-hard-reset-extended-edition-announced>Eurogamer

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I was excited for the game before it game out, but I do agree it was short and the levels just seemed like the same thing over and over again. I didn't have a problem supporting a non-cover based, PC exclusive shooter, but if they are now going to make a retail copy with more content and make us buy the game again, they can lose my support.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
So wait.... are those of us who bought it on Steam going to get the shaft and not get the extra content? Damn strait it could use more, but it was an otherwise awesome game. But, I'm not buying it again, they can lick my balls.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
the game is really good. enjoyed it tremendously. new levels and enemies sounds good. i hope they will decide that steam purchaser like my self can get the bonus stuff without buying the whole game again.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I guess I'll take Hard Reset off my Christmas list and wait for the extended edition. It looks awesome, but awesome +new levels, enemies, and bosses can only be more awesome, right?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
TheDooD said:
Wait does this mean it's out for the consoles now....?
As awesome as that would be for console players like me, I don't think so. It could be a possibility I guess but I think all that's happening here is the game being put on a physical disc and sold in stores.

Might have to pick this up. I think I may be gaining access to a computer strong enough to play it. Hoping for a console release but I don't see that happening.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
So Flying Wild Hog are giving the big middle finger to the people who supported their game right from the get go? Valve really are the only dev left that respect their consumers.

Magnus

Dec 12, 2011
If they add this to steam I may buy it, just as long as they add Quick-Saves for that extra old school feeling. Damn those out of place checkpoints, damn them, damn them again!

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
So they finally will put in the end boss,

Not much a spoiler by now that it ends rather abruptly as if money dried up.