New Dragon Age Screens Are Soaked In Blood

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
New Dragon Age Screens Are Soaked In Blood

If you were worried that Dragon Age: Origins isn't going to be earning its M rating, you haven't seen these screenshots yet.

Click through each image to see the screens in full, but be warned - they aren't exactly for the squeamish.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Looks good to me!
I can't wait for this game! Already got my pre-order down! Booyah!

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Thanks for reminding me that I need to put one down myself Mr. Tea, now... 360 or PS3... my CPU is not up to snuff.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't find those screenshots particularly bloody, gore-soaked or anything like that. There's some blood spatter but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, they look great, but it's not particularly violent...

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
Anyone would think that there hadn't ever been a bloody RPG before.

Sure the graphics look all shiny an that, but I'm itching for some more gameplay videos.

FolcoTook

Jul 8, 2009
I dunno, maybe I've been playing too much Fallout 3, but I'd have to agree that these screen shots don't show anything really gory or 'over-the-top' violent to me.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Lookin' good! Can't wait.

This is the one thing that would have tempted me to go to Fan Expo in Toronto this year: get the early demonstration. But I don't think I'll be able to make it this time.

Martymer

Mar 17, 2009
Jandau said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't find those screenshots particularly bloody, gore-soaked or anything like that. There's some blood spatter but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, they look great, but it's not particularly violent...
My thoughts exactly. But the (fairly) realistic dynamic blood splatter on the characters will definitely piss the soccer moms off. So... Go Bioware! :D

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Bah, you guys are all horribly desensitized. Look at all that splatter! That's way more than you ever see in Fallout 3. I mean, all the slow-mo head explosions were pretty gory, but the gore never approached the level of detailed blood splatter in these screens.

bue519

Oct 3, 2007
Jandau said:
Yeah its certainly no where near as gory as God of War 3.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
The game seems to have just enough blood to add a more rugged sense of violence without reaching the realm of pointless and unreal. I'm happy.

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
Okay what?

That's no more bloody than oblivion's blood sprays. It's one thing to think it's not really worth mention, but that was so tame I begin to think the article was ment as sarcasm.

Razorback0z

Feb 10, 2009
No blood in your hair ??? This was the only reason I wanted to play this game... oh well saved me $80

Spleenbag

Dec 16, 2007
Finally, the best Western RPG company is doing a fantasy epic. This has been my wet dream for years, ever since I got my hands on KOTOR. Can't wait for this game!

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I already knew it was going to have enough blood to drown your in-game avatar: I could tell that much from the trailers.

The REAL question is: will it have enough sex in it to warrant another media scandal? The trailers seem to hint at it...

Considering Bioware hasn't been one to shirk from controversy, I sure hope so. I want this game to be a barbaric barrel of badassery.

ExaltedK9

Apr 23, 2009
PedroSteckecilo said:
Thanks for reminding me that I need to put one down myself Mr. Tea, now... 360 or PS3... my CPU is not up to snuff.
Always bet on Xbox.