Valve Considering "Cross-Play" Between Left 4 Dead and L4D2

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Valve Considering "Cross-Play" Between Left 4 Dead and L4D2

Left 4 Dead [http://www.valvesoftware.com] and Left 4 Dead 2 and says that mods created for the first game should run fine in the sequel with just "very minor amounts of work."

The TotalVideoGames [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/92174-Valve-Fans-Form-Left-4-Dead-2-Boycott-Group], Valve Marketing Director Doug Lombardi said the developer isn't just going to continue supporting Left 4 Dead, it's actually looking at ways of making it cross-compatible with the sequel.

"That's something that we're trying to work out right now, the details of it," he said. "So nothing specific to say today, but we understand that it's a very valid thing to be working on and looking at."

He also explained that modders creating content for Left 4 Dead would find it easy to translate their work to Left 4 Dead 2. "With the mod stuff, if you're making stuff for Left 4 Dead it will work in Left 4 Dead 2 with very minor amounts of work to bring it over," he continued. "So we feel we've made good steps on that side and now we're looking at how we manage that for folks who buy the first game and sequel."

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Sparrow Tag said:
Oh good lord, I love Valve.

They deserve a cookie.
Well at least they listen to thier fans, unlike Sonic team.... (I used to love sonic...)

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
The_Oracle said:
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Sparrow Tag said:
Oh good lord, I love Valve.

They deserve a cookie.
Well at least they listen to thier fans, unlike Sonic team.... (I used to love sonic...)
I don't think anyone does anymore.
Even Sonic Team hates Sonic Team.
And at least Valve is correcting the mistake everyone thought they made. I really don't feel like buying a 2nd Left 4 Dead just yet.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
So what, they're making it so you could use Left 4 Dead 2 characters in Left 4 Dead 1 and vice versa?

'Cause that'd be awesome.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
The Great JT said:
So what, they're making it so you could use Left 4 Dead 2 characters in Left 4 Dead 1 and vice versa?

Hopefully, but I feel like they could just add new maps, weapons, and characters as a DLC that you have to pay for.

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
Never under estimate the powers of shouty, angry people in large groups. It seems at least some good came out of that petition group.
The Great JT said:

That would be awesome. The L4D characters are much better than the ones they're showing us for L4D2. [sub]I hate stairs....[/sub]

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
NoMoreSanity said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
The only way that would possibly work at all is if the game actively had so little new content that it was basically an expansion pack of the original. Valve seems to be telling us something.
It's seems like they want to prove the anti-L4D2 group right if that's the case, which up to this point would be hard to do.
Not really, the groups made it look easy
I still hate both the pro and hate groups. Don't buy the fucking game if you don't like it, and buy it if you do, no need to whine like asinine fanboys.]
Amen to that!