2011: A Year In Review - News Posts

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
2011: A Year In Review - News Posts

We, the fine people of The Escapist, bring to you the latest installment of the week of Top Tens with the Top Ten News Posts of 2011.

Read Full Article

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Ah, I remember all these. Wow, the year went by quickly. When is the cut off point for 2011? Cuz that PA vs Ocean Marketing is quickly becoming my favourite.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Man how did I missed that zombie proof house? Other than that I remember reading those news.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
So 3/10 deal with Skyrim and 1/5 deal with Portal 2. I wouldn't say that the skyrim faces and character creator stories belong in the top news of 2011. The Skyrim bug, however, does because it's both an interesting look into the development of games and freaking hilarious. For the Portal 2... I will say that both do belong in there. The backstory does help bridge between one of the most famous games and it's sequel, and the other belongs there just because how big the ARG event was. Though I kinda think there could have been a better story from it.

Other then that, I have no real complaints. Is it sad I remember every story as if it were yesterday?

kiwi_poo

Apr 15, 2009
wow. I should've known the escapist would have no mention at all about the arab spring or the imminent collapse of the euro. Then again, I never had much respect for the escapist's news service.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
Kapol said:
So 3/10 deal with Skyrim and 1/5 deal with Portal 2. I wouldn't say that the skyrim faces and character creator stories belong in the top news of 2011. The Skyrim bug, however, does because it's both an interesting look into the development of games and freaking hilarious. For the Portal 2... I will say that both do belong in there. The backstory does help bridge between one of the most famous games and it's sequel, and the other belongs there just because how big the ARG event was. Though I kinda think there could have been a better story from it.

Other then that, I have no real complaints. Is it sad I remember every story as if it were yesterday?
chances are the ones on the lists were the ones with the most views and the hype for skyrim was huge so every article about it generated a lot of views

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
Pat8u said:
Kapol said:

chances are the ones on the lists were the ones with the most views and the hype for skyrim was huge so every article about it generated a lot of views
Yeah, this is not a "most important" list. Like it says in the article itself it's "most popular...based on reader interest."

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Pat8u said:
Kapol said:

Ah. Well I thought they were what were considered some of the best/most interesting stories of 2011. My mistake. That'll teach me to post at 4 am when I can't sleep. That reasoning about the hype of Skyrim sounds accurate though. Still, I am somewhat surprised that the two big Skyrim stories had to deal with the character creator (I do include the faces article as part of the character creator system myself). I would think that it'd be... something else. Not sure what off the top of my head to be honest.

Also, now that I can more easily think, was there a Desert Bus for Hope 5 article? If so, I'm sad to see it not up there and wonder how it would have ranked.