Street Fighter II: The Official Browser Game

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Street Fighter II: The Official Browser Game

Hankering for some old-school Hadokening? Check out the official flash version of Capcom's classic Street Fighter II!

Not much to say about this one, really.

It's GameTap [http://www.kongregate.com/games/GameTap/street-fighter-2-ce].

Well, to be precise, it's Street Fighter II: Championship Edition. That's the one with the four playable members of Shadoloo - Balrog, Vega, Sagat, and M. Bison. It's a completely faithful recreation of the groundbreaking grandfather of the modern fighting game, from the sound effects ("Hadoken!" "Sonic Boom!" "Uohohhhohohohoohh!") (That would be someone getting K.O.'d, of course) to the inputs.

Of course, playing with a keyboard is a bit different than doing it with a gamepad. I can't imagine how the hell you'd try to do Zangief's 360-degree inputs.

But that's okay. It's Street Fighter II, man. What more do you want?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Eh. I've kind of fallen off of Street Fighter 2 (and was disappointed that SF4 was more-or-less SF2, but better-looking and slightly more expansive). If it's free, though, I guess I might check it out for grins.

That said, as a Melty Blood player, I can say that if keyboard controls get too weird, Logitech has a really good USB game controller out. Can't remember what it's called off the top of my head.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
Made of pure awsome!

But I already own Street Fighter 4.....but again! old school isn't a problem!

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Do people usually use the analouge sticks or the d-pad to play these?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Nimbus said:
Do people usually use the analouge sticks or the d-pad to play these?
Not sure about SF, but in some other games (Fate/Unlimited Codes, mostly) I mostly use d-pad for attacks and analogue for movement.

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
hopeneverdies said:
Well it turns out, I suck at SF. Or maybe it's just fighting Blanka.
I just can't pull off ANYTHING. I'm used to movement with the left hand, not with the fucking arrow keys. Screw this, I'm going back to SF IV and Guilty Gear.

Feb 18, 2009
Ethereal.Frog said:
So it's like getting an emulator, except more legal depending on who you are. Fancy.
Except emulator isn´t so dependent on your internet connection. Otherwise, pretty nice. Feels weird to play SFII with a keyboard, though. Sometimes I miss my old SNES.

hopeneverdies said:
Join the club. I suck at pretty much every fighting game, but that hasn´t stopped from enjoying them.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
xmetatr0nx said:
Cool, though i dont have a gamepad for my pc...damn thats going to be weird with the keyboard. Also is gametap free?
Yea, awkward playing on a keyboard. And no, gametap isn't free. Its $4.95 a month, I do believe.

grinklehi

Sep 10, 2008
hopeneverdies said:
You made it to Blanka? I'm curriently stuck on Dhalsim, and I hate that stretchy-limbed weirdo. I mean, It took me awhile to finally beat him in SFIV, but then again maybee Zangief isn't the best choice for fighting him anyways.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I can't believe I figured out the controls as fast as I did. I always seemed to suck at SF, but I somehow beat Honda and Blanka, then realized it was 2am and shut it down. Maybe I'll grind on it tomorrow.

Woem

May 28, 2009
But, this existed long before: Street Fighter Online [http://streetfighteronline.com]. It's been around for so many years already.

Wayne Insane

May 14, 2009
it's ok I guess.I hadn't any problems playing it with the Keyboard.But that might be because Street Fighter's moves are permanetly burned in my brain.