Team Fortress 2 Invades Saints Row: The Third

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Team Fortress 2 Invades Saints Row: The Third

Team Fortress 2 and Saints Row: The Third: Peanut butter and chocolate, or peanut butter and sadness?

January 17 is a big day for Saints Row: The Third, the wacky open-world sandbox game developed by Volition Inc. and published by THQ. On that day the game is due to receive a healthy dose of downloadable add-on content, most crucially, the game's first additional mission pack, Genki Bowl VIII [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/115157-Saints-Row-3-Prof-Genki-DLC-Weirds-Me-Out]. That's great news for anyone (like me) who fell in love with the game's over-the-top style and was utterly crushed upon realizing that the title eventually ends.

That however, is not the only DLC scheduled for release tomorrow. There is also the free, downloadable version of CheapAssGamer head CheapyD, and more to the point of this article, a cross-promotional swath of Team Fortress 2 character masks.

From the official Saints Row: The Third site:

Beginning Tuesday, all players on Steam will receive the 9 custom TF2 giant-sized character masks to use around the city of Steelport. Be it the Heavy, the Scout, the Spy, or any other member of your choosing, you get to streak around naked, beat up pedestrians, and hit those big stunt jumps with the character of your choice.

Now are you ready for the bad news? These masks are only available via Steam, so those of you who own Saints Row: The Third on a console are out of luck. You'll just have to content yourself with dressing in leather fetish gear and clubbing innocent civilians to death with oversized sex toys to the joyous sounds of Adam And The Ants' "Stand And Deliver."

Source: Saints Row: The Third [http://www.saintsrow.com/news/detail/article/252483/tf2_joins_saints_row:_the_third!]

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Earnest Cavalli said:
Now are you ready for the bad news? These masks are only available via Steam, so those of you who own Saints Row: The Third on a console are out of luck. You'll just have to content yourself with dressing in leather fetish gear and clubbing innocent civilians to death with oversized sex toys to the joyous sounds of Adam And The Ants' "Stand And Deliver."
>.> ?? content my self?

sir that sounds like the morning warm up before moving on to other, random acts of random voilence

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
I really wish Valve would stop selling out the TF2 franchise. Its almost shameless how they will give it up to anyone.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Consoles also do not get the nude mods.

Soo... PC version officially the best version?

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Not available for consoles? Meh, not a huge loss. We still get the DLC. Plus, The Darkness 2 demo comes out Jan 17th.

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Now I can finally run around with the penetrator wearing heavy weapon's guy mask.....in the nude. I love you saints row the third. Also, Genki DLC is going to be awesome. Its a good thing I have 99% of the game completed.

ReinWeisserRitter

Nov 15, 2011
...Does Team Fortress 2 really need to be in fricking everything? Valve is whoring itself out more than Shaundi ever could hope to lately.

Constable Narwhal

Oct 17, 2008
Exactly what I thought, "Hat Fortress 2: The hunt for hats" is spreading to other games now.

Personally not that I care, I loves me some hats...Just need that damn tower of hats now!