Capcom Unveils Bizarrely Compelling Bar Menu

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Capcom Unveils Bizarrely Compelling Bar Menu

Who cares about brains? I'm more interested in that cat with the meat stick.

Let's assume for a moment that you don't spend every waking moment trawling the 'net for word on what Capcom is up to over in Japan. I know, I know, that's totally unrealistic, but for the sake of argument, just go with me on this one.

Alright, so Capcom (the people behind Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Mega Man and a billion other games you've grown to love over the past quarter century) have decided to open a bar in The Land Of The Rising Sun.

Why? Who cares. It's weird enough to fill a slot on my daily story quota, so again, just go with me on this.

We've known about this bar for a while now, but for the most part everyone assumed it would be a place that served sake and bizarrely expensive Pabst while oversized Capcom character art stares at you from the walls. What we didn't realize was that the establishment would also be serving food explicitly tied to Capcom's most famous (read: recently profitable) gaming franchises.

For example: A Resident Evil-inspired dessert shaped like a tiny, bloody brain, or a "Pasta & Rice" dish that somehow ties into the Ace Attorney series.

The full culinary line-up (or at least what Capcom is ready to reveal to the public) can be found in the gallery below.

While you're down there, digging through the various menu options, pay special attention to the Monster Hunter-themed "Allaculte & Meat" one. Now, my only real exposure to that series was in its crossover with Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, so maybe I'm totally ignorant here, but is that meat-on-bone thing an actual item in the game? If so, I have to hand it to Capcom. That thing looks delicious.

It's just a rad bonus that it comes with a side of adorable, wide-eyed kitten.

[gallery=616]

Source: Silconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/14/capcom-bar-to-serve-resident-evil-brain-cake/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29]

Spy_Guy

Mar 16, 2010
I strongly believe that the Ace Attorney related dish should be Ramen...
...or burgers, if they open an American / European restaurant.
Preferably with grape juice to drink.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Earnest Cavalli said:
but is that meat-on-bone thing an actual item in the game?
Yes it is. Its also in Peace Walker.

That thing looks delicious.
That it is also.

capt.fodder

Sep 6, 2009
Even better dude: in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite you actually *hire* feline chefs to cook for you. If you cook the right food it gives you bonuses and skills in your next quest; the wrong food gives you penalties.

Did I mention that it is the best game ever? IT IS THE BEST GAME EVER.

/This opinion will not be shared by many, but it is mine and I'll cling to it 'til my dying day