Visit 7-Eleven, Get A Free Monster Hunter Quest

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Visit 7-Eleven, Get A Free Monster Hunter Quest

Capcom and 7-Eleven are joining forces to give Monster Hunter 3G characters a new quest and some styling outfits.

Japanese gamers have a new reason to visit 7-Eleven stores, aside tasty slurpees and Hostess cupcakes. It turns out that Capcom is teaming up with the convenience store chain to start providing free quests for Monster Hunter 3G.

From now until January 31st, you can take your 3DS system to a participating 7-Eleven and connect it to the store's 7spot service. From there, you can download an underwater quest that will have you fight Royal Ludroth, Lagiacrus, and Globu, one after another. Once you clear this five-star quest, you'll receive materials that can be used to craft exclusive gear (Andriasang notes that Capcom didn't reveal what the equipment is, but it did provide this image, which shows game characters wearing modern street clothing).

Monter Hunter 3G was released in Japan in December, where it received a 38/40 review score from Famitsu. No word yet on whether or not the game will be released in other territories.

Source: <a href=http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/17/stop-by-7-11-to-get-a-coffee-and-monster-hunter-3g-downloadable-quest/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29>Siliconera

AdamG3691

Nov 18, 2009
vansau said:
Monter Hunter 3G was released in Japan in December, where it received a 38/40 review score from Famitsu. No word yet on whether or not the game will be released in other territories.
like hell it will, capcom pulls this crap all the time :<
we haven't even got P3rd yet.
I blame it on the wii, they released a hardcore game on a platform that is best known for having a casual audience, and then say that it's unpopular in the west when casual gamers don't buy a game meant for hardcore gamers

Dec 14, 2009
Exclusive gear that you won't actually wear to battle.

This stuff is never practical, it's merely for collectors who have to have every set of armour and every weapon.

Still waiting for a MH Vita announcement...

Seriously, I won't even touch a Vita if it doesn't have MH on it.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
If they don't release this in NA I will be sad. Monster Hunter hasn't gotten a major release since tri and they already have this and 4 planned. One of them better be coming here.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Exclusive gear that you won't actually wear to battle.

This stuff is never practical, it's merely for collectors who have to have every set of armour and every weapon.

Still waiting for a MH Vita announcement...

Seriously, I won't even touch a Vita if it doesn't have MH on it.
I'm with you on that one. Monster Hunter is one of the only games I play on my PSP, no way am I shelling out for a portable PS3 if I'm just playing PSP games on it.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Remember when you could only get these sorts of things at GameStop? Or Toys R' Us?

I kinda like this.

"Hey, when did you get Little Big Planet skin?"
"Oh, I got it at the gas station while I was buying some Cheetos."
"You don't say? I went to the car wash and I got a Pokemon for free."
"Sweet! Hey, wanna go to the movies? I hear you get a Street Fighter skin for free if you go there tonight."

Evolution. It's truly a thing of beauty. *Manly tear*

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Beautiful End said:
Remember when you could only get these sorts of things at GameStop? Or Toys R' Us?

I kinda like this.

"Sweet! Hey, wanna go to the movies? I hear you get a Street Fighter skin for free if you go there tonight."

Remember when you could just buy a game, play it and see everything?

Now there's a million bits and pieces in a million stores and 7 DLC packs.
It kind of makes me just not want to buy games. I feel like it's just too much work to keep up with all the parts of a single title anymore.

I'm old.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
AC10 said:
Beautiful End said:

I kinda like this.

Remember when you could just buy a game, play it and see everything?

Now there's a million bits and pieces in a million stores and 7 DLC packs.
It kind of makes me just not want to buy games. I feel like it's just too much work to keep up with all the parts of a single title anymore.

I'm old.
That and Complete Editions. Jim Sterling phrases it better than I could ever do.

But it's true. A side of me feels the need to get everything so that I could claim I own everything related to the game. You know, the FULL version. But another part of me is just so tired of that ridiculousness.

We're not old. Just classic? :/

Despite that, I still kinda like that video games are reaching out everywhere.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
Monster hunter is a game that I would really REALLY like the chance to play, alas it has never seen a 360 release.

Those clothes do look interesting however

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
To think I was so hooked on Monster Hunter at one time that I bought a psp specially for it, and played no game that didn't have that brand name. Between the pathetic disappointment that was Tri, and of course the work of the serial rapist Ukanlos from MHFU, I think I can safely say that I'm cured of my addiction.