See The World's Largest NES Controller

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
See The World's Largest NES Controller

At 252 pounds, Ben Allen's homemade, record-breaking NES controller would pose serious health risks if thrown at your little brother.

Mr. Allen, a British engineering student, spent roughly $6,000 of his own money to put together a behemoth controller that weighs as much as an NFL lineman. At 12 feet by 5 feet, two inches, its dimensions are more suited to a compact car than a videogame controller. According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Allen's creation is the largest NES controller in existence.

Thus, it should come as no surprise that the monument to Nintendo nostalgia was recently unveiled at London's Liverpool Street Station to commemorate the release of the Guinness Book Of World Records Gamer's Edition 2012.

That's all well and good, but the coolest part about Allen's creation is that it's actually a fully functional controller. Granted, players have to take their shoes off and manipulate the buttons with their feet, but with enough coordination and agility, you could totally beat Contra with this thing.

(That was a lie. You will never beat Contra.)

Source: dvice [http://dvice.com/archives/2012/01/worlds-largest-18.php]

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well it's very neat, but what the shit did he spend six grand on, hookers, golden cheetos, ... a car to transport it?

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Mr.K. said:
Well it's very neat, but what the shit did he spend six grand on, hookers, golden cheetos, ... a car to transport it?
The cord is made of snow leopard placenta.

(This is also probably a lie.)

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wow looking atthe controller make you feel like one of the little people (The Borrowers).

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Earnest Cavalli said:

Seriously though, that would take at least 2 extremely coordinated people to at least finish the first level :S

Awesome dancepad controller though.

Arnage

Mar 27, 2008
Doesn't Guinness check people's claims before adding them to their book? Because this one looks bigger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUgR01LCyZU (video is in dutch, but you can clearly see their huge version in between the interview parts)

Edit: Wait a minute, looking at it again it's actually the same guy with the same controller, just a while back. Why is he suddenly called english though, he's clearly dutch in that old video :p

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Arnage said:
Doesn't Guinness check people's claims before adding them to their book? Because this one looks bigger: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUgR01LCyZU (video is in dutch, but you can clearly see their huge version in between the interview parts)

Edit: Wait a minute, looking at it again it's actually the same guy with the same controller, just a while back. Why is he suddenly called english though, he's clearly dutch in that old video :p
It's the same dude from just a few months ago. He's a British guy, but he goes to school in the Netherlands. Hence, his ability to speak pretty quality Dutch.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
I walk past that area like a million times a month, except when they unveil such an awesome thing like this =(. Seriously though, this is awesome.

Iron Lightning

Lightweight Extreme
Oct 19, 2009
This just in: big version of small thing created.

I find it hard to believe that anyone gives a shit.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
Mr.K. said:
I'd hate to see what it'd cost him to make an NES Advantage.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Earnest Cavalli said:
Granted, players have to take their shoes off and manipulate the buttons with their feet, but with enough coordination and agility, you could totally beat Contra with this thing.

Challenge accepted.

One person working the D-pad, one person working Start and Select, one person working A and B.

Now we need some sort of hivemind technology in order to successfully do this kind of thing.

Spydercake

Oct 29, 2010
Pretty awesome, but too easy.
Make an n64 and Gamecube controller. THEN I will be impressed.

Fifty-One

Sep 13, 2010
Jesus, what a mess. What happened?

Well, he just finished the first part of the Contra code then tripped on SELECT and hit his head on B.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
The fact that it is a fully functional controller is what makes it so impressive. Six grand well spent! That money could have bought some high class hookers, but a giant NES controller is great too!

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
I can finally live out my dream with that thing to combine DDR and tetris at once.