YouTube Streams 4 Billion Videos Every Day

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005

Google reports that 87 percent of YouTube videos streamed either contain a cute cat or Lana Del Rey.

YouTube is a big deal. The website that allowed anyone to host whatever videos they desired proved the viability of streaming content on the web back in 2005 and YouTube sparked the growth of companies like Netflix and even traditional content-providers like NBC Universal to delivering stuff peopel want to watch on the Internet. Google purchased YouTube in 2006 for a cool $1.65 billion, and the wealth of video content has only continued to improve and diversify since then. In fact, this last year has shown incredible growth as Google reports a 25 percent increase since May 2011, mostly due to smartphone and tablet integration.

That's right, in May Google streamed a mere 3 billion videos per day. Now, that number is 4 billion. Let that sink in for a second. If the trend continues, 4 trillion videos will beamed directly into every human's complimentary YouTube brainpan video display in 2029.

Google was happy enough to include some more facts about how well YouTube is doing:

60 hours of video is now uploaded to YouTube every minute, compared with the 48 hours of video uploaded per minute in May 2011.
Avertising before videos generates $5 billion in revenue.
3 billion YouTube videos run ads each week.
Google recently signed 100 original video programming deals with media partners including Madonna and Jay-Z.

Basically, every video is blowing up on YouTube. Daily Drops [http://www.youtube.com/user/TheEscapistMagazine] in a row. I am now looking at my desk for stuff to break ...

Source: Reuters [http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/23/us-google-youtube-idUSTRE80M0TS20120123]

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Might not want to trumpet that too loud the us gov might stutdown Youtube next.

doom and gloom aside its pretty cool how super popular its getting can lead to lots of new funny talent on there.

jFr[e]ak93

Apr 9, 2010
Greg Tito said:

Avertising before videos generates $5 billion in revenue.
3 billion YouTube videos run ads each week..
I guess that means the ads aren't going anywhere.