Buy Mass Effect Toys, Get Free DLC

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Buy Mass Effect Toys, Get Free DLC

Randomized DLC will come packaged with BioWare's new line of Mass Effect action figures.

Just when you thought DLC couldn't get any more elaborate, EA will release several Mass Effect action figures in March that will include DLC for BioWare's upcoming sequel Mass Effect 3. Available for preorder at the BigBadToyStore.com [http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect-accessories], each action figure contains a different set of in-game content available only for the PC and Xbox 360 North American release of the game.

Before everyone gets too excited, though, the BioWare Store explains that the DLC content is "slightly randomized during the registration" of any particular action figure and might only introduce things like weapon mods, upgrades, and new characters for use in multi-player. Depending on the specifics, it might not be worth shelling out the $20 for your very own model of a scientist Salarian (who has studied species Turian, Asari and Batarian) if all he comes with is a new costume for his in-game version.

The action figures are estimated to release in April or May of this year, and interested parties can order each model individually for $20 USD or in packs of four for approximately $75 USD. Most of the ME 2 cast is included in the pack, although fans of the game will notice they forgot to include characters like Jacob, Samara, or Jack which is pretty odd considering how major a role they all played.

Source: Game Informer [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=459825]

A Curious Fellow

Nov 16, 2010
I'M ALREADY THROWING MY GODDAMN WALLET AT YOU EA.

WHY MUST YOU CONTINUE THIS GROSS EXTORTION.

I NEED TO EAT YOU ABSOLUTE TROLL.

(quiet sobbing)

I'm disgusted with the fact that I know I'm going to buy these.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Imagine if we could order our own custom Shepard based on our save files...

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Frostbite3789 said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
I think you have just stumbled upon the gold mine of gold mines.
Haha! Funnily enough, it can apply to so many things. Imagine a deal where WoW players get their own custom figurines based on their player character, and they'll even throw in a discount if the whole guild orders! Blizzard will need new moneybags.

Though the idea's probably retarded considering you'll need widely varying molds for each order. ^_^

Edit: Huh. Apparently Blizzard already did that...

A Curious Fellow said:
I'M ALREADY THROWING MY GODDAMN WALLET AT YOU EA.

WHY MUST YOU CONTINUE THIS GROSS EXTORTION.

I NEED TO EAT YOU ABSOLUTE TROLL.
Your avatar is so fitting to your statement.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Bah, who cares who else is there or not, nobody cares about anyone but Garrus. >.>

Raiyan 1.0 said:
that I'd actually buy, DLC or no.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I think this will apply more for action figure enthusiasts rather than the people who play the game. The idea of spending $20 for this and getting a weapon mod doesn't appeal to any gamer (unless it makes guys turn inside out or only vaporizes the female characters clthing, you people are sick by the way), I would imagine... not so, if you like to gamble I guess this could work out for you.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Steampunk Viking said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Similar to what Blizzard did with WoW??

Hmmm, that I would probably go for...
Blizzard did that? o_O

Dammit, now I can't sell them that idea!

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
sounds like something similar to the whole Skylander's thing
I'd so buy a Liara and Miranda, hell, even Tali, just to collect them rather than the DLC

and then place them next to my Big Sister [sub]and Rarity[/sub]

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
Raiyan 1.0 said:
That would probably be rather expensive to make all the molds for the different Shepard builds, but I have a feeling that people would still throw money at it to a point.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
teh_Canape said:
sounds like something similar to the whole Skylander's thing
I'd so buy a Liara and Miranda, hell, even Tali, just to collect them rather than the DLC

and then place them next to my Big Sister [sub]and Rarity[/sub]
Sorry for the double post, but I believe they already did a Tali figure in a previous set and once you get all of that I demand picks of this display, hopefully set up in some hilarious manner.

Jaeger_CDN

Aug 9, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Haha! Funnily enough, it can apply to so many things. Imagine a deal where WoW players get their own custom figurines based on their player character, and they'll even throw in a discount if the whole guild orders! Blizzard will need new moneybags.

Though the idea's probably retarded considering you'll need widely varying molds for each order. ^_^
You might be able to do it with a 3D printer and some cheap chinese labour to do the painting (patent pending before EA figures this out)

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
This is why I hold the opinion that every single person that works in marketing is a souless and evil person.

Steampunk Viking

Jan 15, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Steampunk Viking said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Similar to what Blizzard did with WoW??

Hmmm, that I would probably go for...
Blizzard did that? o_O

Dammit, now I can't sell them that idea!
Well, actually, not exactly, a company called Figureprints did it for WoW players... apparently they do XBox Live Avatars too now, that's new to me! (May not be such a radical idea to do it for Mass Effect then)

Anyways, here are the details: http://www.figureprints.com/

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
SomebodyNowhere said:
These figures have been coming for years and (possibly random) dlc is the best thing they could add?
The first wave handled by DC Direct was a nightmare. This is a new company and the first time they're actually releasing anything. The second wave has also never been released.

I'll be picking up some of them. Shepard looks good when you put the helmet on him, which is how I play in game anyway. Garrus and Legion are getting bought too. The DLC is just a bonus for me as I was going to get them regardless of it being there or not.

I'm glad to see the community here is taking to this news in a more rational way than I've seen on other sites.

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
North american copies only? Why bioware? Whyyyyy? Is my money not good enough? I'm buying everything mass effect related that there is already so I've got to have these anywaaaaaaaaaaaay. Dammit.