Plants vs. Zombies Going to More Platforms

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Plants vs. Zombies Going to More Platforms

Will there be zombies on your PSN or XBLA sometime soon? PopCap's Garth Chouteau says so.

Fact One: Plants vs. Zombies is awesome [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/6035-Review-Plants-vs-Zombies].

Fact Two: Plants vs. Zombies is only available on PC and Mac platforms for now.

Fact Three: Plants vs. Zombies developer PopCap probably likes big sacks of money delivered straight to its doorstep.

With all of those facts put together, is it any wonder that Garth Chouteau, PopCap's Senior Director of Public Relations, told Kombo [http://www.kombo.com/article.php?artid=13332] that the company was looking to take Plants vs. Zombies to other platforms?

[blockquote]...Peggle for XBLA is a good example of a game that we took that was popular on the PC and we spent probably twice as long as anyone else would have figuring how to make that game really good for Xbox and Xbox Live Arcade, and I think you will see that with Plants Vs. Zombies--I don't know the exact order in which that game will make its way onto other platforms, but it's certainly been successful enough, quickly enough, that we're looking at other platforms and deciding where we'll take that game next... [/blockquote]

Chouteau only mentions XBLA by name, but it would certainly stand to reason that if PopCap was looking to bring the horticultural tower defense game to one console, they'd at least be considering the others - so PSN and WiiWare are by no means out of the question.

One place you probably won't see it, though, is on cellphones - unless you mean the iPhone: "...I don't think you'll see Plants vs. Zombies on a mobile phone. I think you may see it on the iPhone...some of our games, we would just say, 'you know? We could probably sell a million of these, but people aren't going to be happy with it...'"

Seems to be good news all around. Oh, and if you didn't have "Zombies On The Lawn" in your head before, you do now [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N1_0SUGlDQ]. You're welcome.

(Via Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/10/surprise-plants-vs-zombies-headed-to-more-platforms/])

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
There's a zombie on your lawn...

Damn you Funk! Now I have the song on my head again.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Awesome, I've been looking into this game for a while now, and thinking about getting it.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
Whilst I doubt this will change anything for those who have it (PC seems, to me, the ideal platform for PvZ), it's good news to hear that people who otherwise haven't played or even heard of this excellent, excellent game will now get a chance.

Also, whilst we're at it, they should port over some games by developers that maybe aren't bathing in pure cash each night: World Of Goo, or perhaps even Spelunky come to mind.

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
I would kill to play Plants vs Zombies on my iTouch. Now the console owners can appreciate this absolute gem of a game.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
The more people that have the chance to play this game, the better: everyone deserves to have played a game this awesome.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
oliveira8 said:
There's a zombie on your lawn...
We don't want Zombies on our lawn....

C'mon, everybody now!

Though I pray it's coming to PSN, that would be freakin' sweet. Though I'm too lazy to go on PC for whatever reason...

messy

Dec 3, 2008
This is great news, finally my love of towers, the un-dead and sunflowers can be realised on my 360.

Time for some lawn of the dead

milomalo

Mar 29, 2008
well work can wait, lets play a level or two of PVZ. (anyhow i wasn't doing any "work")

9NineBreaker9

Nov 1, 2007
I know your type: tall, dark, and dead - you want to bite all the petals off of my head, and then eat the brains of the one who planted me here... I'm just a sunflower but see me power an entire infantry - you like the taste of brains, we don't like zombies.

... damnit. But PvZ on XBLA would be pretty awesome... almost enough to make me get it again D:

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Susan Arendt said:
Radeonx said:
Awesome, I've been looking into this game for a while now, and thinking about getting it.
You must. Seriously. Right now. It's that damn good.
Even babies like it [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2tn8U-Ph10]
That video is brilliant. Who would dare contradict the opinion of a toddler?

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Hope they put this on the Iphone like Peggle, no better thing to play in dull parts of the day, but if I could kill zombies during my free periods I would be in heaven.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Oh no. The madness is spreading...
That game had me addicted from the 1 hour demo and now I'm scared for my freedom.