The Week in Review

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Week in Review

We know you're all busy, so we've rounded up some of the week's top stories and compressed them into handy bite-sized chuncks. Enjoy them with our compliments.

The Sincerest Form of Flattery
Finally, something that's gotten Korean gamers all kinds of annoyed. H.A.V.E. Online is a class-based FPS from publisher SK iMedia. That's not what's making Korean gamers angry though, it's that the promotional trailer bares certain similarities to Team Fortress 2. Naturally, SK iMedia has denied claims that they've ripped off Valve's hit shooter, releasing a statement saying: "Debating [whether or not it's a rip-off] is like having blind men touching an elephant and describing what it looks like," the company said. "We will reveal the gameplay soon. Other than that, we have no comment at this time."

It probably makes more sense in Korean... (link [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/92907-Does-New-Korean-Game-Rip-Off-Team-Fortress-2])

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
I like this, it allows me to see all the news stories with a nice convenient little blurb about the article.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
megapenguinx said:
I like this, it allows me to see all the news stories with a nice convenient little blurb about the article.
All? No. Most of the good ones? Yes.

This idea I like, keep it up.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
*nom nom* Mmm...bite-sized news stories.

Good summary of the week, Nil. Of course, not necessary for people like me who have OCD for the Escapist News Room.

First thing I do when I get up in the morning is switch on the computer and check the News Room, in the vain hope that VALVe will have announced TF2 updates for the X360, or that the release for Scribblenauts has been moved up.

*sigh* A man can dream, though...

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Seriously, what the hell is happening to the entertainment industry.

One week, celebrities start dropping like flies.
The next week, some of the biggest gaming companies start being swapped around like Pokemon cards.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Tupac came back from the dead as a zombie next week.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
black lincon said:
megapenguinx said:
All? No. Most of the good ones? Yes.

This idea I like, keep it up.
I second this sentiment

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
I likes me my small news. Can't stand to watch it on TV, these days I get all my news either from you guys (in random topics) or on Yahoo while I'm checking my e-mail.

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
I have nothing really to add to the previous comments, but I'd just like to mention I also appreciate this "Week in Review" thing. I already read about all these articles, but sometimes good ones slip past me and this'll help me catch up if I miss anything. Thanks!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I like this idea, is this just an experiment or will this be a regular thing? I like the idea of putting a news story for every day of the week (Monday-Friday), that would be cool.

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
The elephant thing makes a lot of sense in English, too. Don't tell me you've never heard the story about the blind men and the elephant? Each one grabs hold of a different part: the first one touches the side, thinks it's a wall, one touches the trunk, thinks it's a snake, the next touches the ear, thinks it's a fan, another touches the tusk, thinks it's a spear, one touches the leg, thinks it's a tree. And last but not least, one grabs the tail and thinks it's a rope. And they all get into this big debate about which one is right.

It's an Indian tale that was probably translated by some Englishman.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Week's news condensed? Brilliant Idea. I usually check the site once a day or so, but i've been away on holiday this week, and was hoping I didn't miss some important news. So I get back online for the first time, and what do I see? You've read my mind. Thanks!

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
I like this function. Gets you all sorts of news without going to five different threads.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Damn. I had a similar idea rumbling 'round the back of my brain, only it was going to be in Youtube form. I was still gonna give credit to the Escapist though: you guys are my news source for all things awesome.

While I won't be making use of this feature much, it's a nice thing for those who don't have as much time as I do to read all the news that comes out over the week.