Deciding Factors

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
Sure art injuries are cool. Well, not really, but if you spin it the right way you can make it sound cool. "So, I was drawing this big badass explosion caused by a fistbump between the Terminator and Mr T, bricks and penguins flyin' everywhere, but just then I slipped with my hand and tweaked it."

Hmmm, so the new employee will have to be approved by all of them? Then I think my bet on the arrogant good-lookin' guy from last week is out.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Aw, get better! And I'll check out that game as well.
I wonder who they'll choose.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
This reminds me of my local Gamestop. Similar story, I'm from the "applicant" end though. I can't say for sure, but I recall them beginning accepting applications back in March of Last year, and took untill the end of August just to get through the applications... mainly due to the fact the manager kept procrastinating and going on trips and conferences.

It wasn't until sometime in October for them to hire anyone new... the thing was, they kept procrastinating so long, it was up to corperate to hire people for them. Weither or not I had a chance, made no difference. They choose two people at random from the pile and that was that. Perhaps this is what was actually going on behind the scenes. Sad though that I actually was in good standing with the manager at the time, enough that I got through 2 interviews before the end. In the last 6 years, thats the furthest I've gotten.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
Great. Now Im going to be paranoid about what people are saying about me after every job interview.

Trucken said:
Sure art injuries are cool. Well, not really, but if you spin it the right way you can make it sound cool. "So, I was drawing this big badass explosion caused by a fistbump between the Terminator and Mr T, bricks and penguins flyin' everywhere, but just then I slipped with my hand and tweaked it."

Hmmm, so the new employee will have to be approved by all of them? Then I think my bet on the arrogant good-lookin' guy from last week is out.
When I was taking art, I used to spin my injuries that way, even though most of them were caused by banging my head on my drafting table after screwing something up.

Relaver

Jun 5, 2010
I would probably go for the ex criminal guy. At least he will know how to work.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Are we going to have to have another of those rocket hub donation thingys. Shouldn't be to much this time as you would proberly be good with a bag of ice and a mars bar. Still as a fellow artist, big props for blood shed. You are a warrior with a pencil my friend.

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
I know the feeling of art injuries. It sucks. Especially when don't want to stop what you're doing but have to because of the pain.

I noticed in the fourth panel, the clipboard is gone since the boss has both hands on the chair. Minor nitpick, but nothing too serious.

And I like the last panel.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
All their complaints, I'm sure at least one was an issue they themselves had. I need a drink. *Walks away*

Also I hope to god they don't hire Bobby. "Aaahhhhhhhh".

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
I'm hoping you get better and that the gang get stuck with someone interesting.

[sub][sub]Moo! [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9iIgQN5uZE&feature=related][/sub][/sub]

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
boss is like "...yeahh should've figured that much before I hired you punks"
take the Boba Fett guy. they could limit his dialogue to Empire Strikes Back limit only (and Return of the Jedi for casual Fridays)

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
duchaked said:
boss is like "...yeahh should've figured that much before I hired you punks"
take the Boba Fett guy. they could limit his dialogue to Empire Strikes Back limit only (and Return of the Jedi for casual Fridays)
Darn ninjas man.

I'm rooting for the Boba Fett Fan too. He's weird and very quirky from what we've seen of him, he'll fit right in.

drkchmst

Mar 28, 2010
Nice go at the game! The highest I got was the spawn point v.v I kept falling to the bottom =P

blanksmyname

Aug 2, 2009
Silly Leelee. Art injuries are much more impressive. If you get a sport injury, that means you injured yourself whilst playing a sport. If you get an art injury, that means you were arting so hard, your body couuldn't even handle it. That's badass.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
always difficult to bring someone new into a tightly knit group!

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
Good luck with your art injury. However, as an athlete, I have no idea why you think sport injuries are cool. If they're not something that make you feel like an idiot, like mine often were (I lack the ability to run in a straight line, which would often make me veer off the course during cross-country races), they hurt like a *****.

But yeah, the reactions that Alix, Jack and Luke are having are basically the reactions my co-workers and I would have during interviews for our tech help desk in college. I hope they get someone who they'll hate on principle but then eventually like in spite of themselves. Like I keep saying, let Podi pick somebody! The little squir-er is an excellent judge of character.