Try our "Heroes and Heroines" Valentine's Day Quizzes!

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Try our "Heroes and Heroines" Valentine's Day Quizzes!

How many of these gaming heroes and heroines can you identify?

Ahh, Valentine's Day. That one special time of the year where people the world round celebrate love and romance with lots of flowers and chocolate (or co-op games, if you're anything like me).

For this year's heart-filled occasion, we here at the Escapist have put together not one, but two quizzes on some of the ruggedly handsome and beautiful heroes and heroines in gaming. How many of these classic characters can you identify?

Take the "Heroines" quiz! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/191]

OR

Take the "Heroes" quiz! [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/190]

You'll have as long as you like to take either quiz, and can retake it until you get 100%. Just remember your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboard.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I think this is the only time I'll ever be first on the leaderboard for a quiz.

edit - huh, first to comment too. Is this the forum equivalent of a double strike?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Woo, first out of 16 entries apparently on the Heroes one. Somehow I don't see that lasting long at all but damnit, I'll take it.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Oh yeah, 100% on both. I'm awesome.

Sneaky bastards almost got me with the Longest Journey one.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
I feel like the heroes quiz had less obscure characters than the heroines quiz.

The Escapist probably could've done a more interesting romance quiz for the holiday with questions from Catherine or Mass Effect (e.g. "What alien STIs are mentioned in the world of Cmdr. Shepard?").

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
80% on heroines
60% on heroes
not bad also could any tell me the game where this question is from?
"This protagonist has the power to shift between the sci-fi world of Stark and the fantasy world of Arcadia"
it sounds really cool.
nvm found it it,s from "Longest Journey"

GrimGrimoire

Aug 11, 2011
henritje said:
80% on heroines
60% on heroes
not bad also could any tell me the game where this question is from?
"This protagonist has the power to shift between the sci-fi world of Stark and the fantasy world of Arcadia"
it sounds really cool.
April Ryan, The Longest Journey. Never played it, but I did play the second game at some point.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
80% on Heroines
100% on Heroes

I actually thought I got 90% on heroines. I wish they showed you results, but that would remove the ability to retake because you'd know the answers. Still, I'd like to know what I got wrong.

Jackhorse

Jul 4, 2010
I might be showing myself up as a bit of a nerd here but in the heroes quiz arn't both Batman and Green Arrow billionaires who lead a double life as vigilantes?
Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong continuity or something.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Well that was neat, having 2 quizes at once.
Tho i got 60% on heroines, and 100% on Heroes. Well isn`t that great.
But actually, i don`t remember the last time i got 100% on my first try. So I´m quite glad that happened.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Jackhorse said:
I might be showing myself up as a bit of a nerd here but in the heroes quiz arn't both Batman and Green Arrow billionaires who lead a double life as vigilantes?
Maybe they toned down Green Arrow's piles of cash with the DC comics reset.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Double 100's, not too bad. Although, the billionaire superhero with a double life--aren't two answers technically true? Or was Green Arrow only a millionaire?

Jackhorse said:
Well, at least I'm not the only one, then.

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
This proganist has a Ph. D. in Theoretical Physics and a crowbar.
I'm not sure what a "proganist" is, but I don't think it's applicable to any of the names on that list.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Damn
70% on heroines

But 100% on heroes.

ryukage_sama said:
I feel like the heroes quiz had less obscure characters than the heroines quiz.
I feel that way too. Eh, it's probably because there are waaaaay fewer games that feature female protagonists than male ones, at least popular mainstream games.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
How dare you say Bender isn't a hero?? Or did I click the wrong one?
Jackhorse said:
I was thinking that as well, but I think it depends a lot on which version of Green Arrow, as there's been a few.

Soluncreed

Sep 24, 2009
So. 80% for heroes. And 40% for heroines. I clearly need to play more games...

This is just embarrassing.

Apr 17, 2009
Jackhorse said:
No, I did wonder about that. But the question asked for secret identity and I'm pretty sure Green Arrow's secret identity has been outed dozens of times and its really really obvious who he is anyway (that moustache/beard combo is great for rockin' the Robin Hood theme, not so good for trying to lead a double-life). So the logical conclusion is Batman