Fallout 3 And Oblivion Getting Double Pack

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Fallout 3 And Oblivion Getting Double Pack

Do you love sprawling first-person RPGs? If you do, then Bethesda has a bundle that you're going to want to check out.

Now that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3 are finishing out their retail life cycles, Bethesda is joining the two together as a brand new double pack. If you've been meaning to pick up both of these RPGs, but haven't yet, then you'll definitely want to check it out.

The pack is due out on April 3rd here in North America. According to Bethesda, the pack will be available for both Xbox 360 ($29.99) and PC ($19.99). According to Joystiq, the standard version of each game will be included in the pack, meaning you'll have to purchase DLC separately.

Meanwhile Pete Hines spoke to Joystiq and said Bethesda isn't allowed to release the pack for the PlayStation 3. "We will continue to work to try to change that, but at present it is still not approved. We would like to release a PS3 version [as] well."

Source: Joystiq

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
ehhh I dont think fallout 3 is worth getting if its not the GOTY version

and I dont think Oblivion is worth getting, period

hmmm was that a little cynical? Im starting to sound like an escapist user :/

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
No DLC? Ha...ha...no.

Also:
For the PS3 version they'd have to fix the games before re-releasing them.
TES4 and FO3 were both HORRIFIC to play on the PS3.

Kurai Angelo

Oct 12, 2009
Akisa said:
Wow I lost interest as soon as it said no DLC are included.
Well obviously it doesn't... Microsoft would have never approved the release if it came all wrapped up neatly with a nice little bow. Of course they're going to want it shipped without the DLC/Expansions so they can still cash in on people downloading them.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
Hot damn! Still a good deal, especially if you grab the (cheaper) PC edition and mod the games up!

Trag Oul

Aug 4, 2010
Not allowed to release? lol scraping the bottom of the excuses barrel I see. Unless sony is finally pressuring beth to release playable games in which case good, but a lil late. I already have both anyway so no interest here.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
No DLC? No PS3 release? Nuts to that. I picked up both of the GOTY editions for under $15 each. Having to drop an extra $60 or so on the DLC does nothing but mean my purchases before are now validated.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
This reminds me of when they lumped Oblivion together with Bioshock in a double pack, strangely enough.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
pretty cool for somebody who just got into RPG,s but I don't need it I already own TES4/FO3 two times.

El Dwarfio

Jan 30, 2012
Vault101 said:

That's not at all cynical (except for the quip about the average escapist user). Go back to the dictionary!

kajinking said:
Who the hell has that kind of spare time?!
Lmao, give this man a muffin.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
This is certainly a much better deal than the BioShock/Oblivion double pack. I love BioShock, but overall, Fallout 3 is a much better deal than BioShock, I always thought that game is worth a rental, not a buy.

Even if both won't include any DLC (wich is a shame), they both can offer hundreds of hours each.

I already have them both, also having bought Oblivion 3 different times (1 retail PC, my disk broke, then I bought it again in Steam and 1 Xbox 360, I sold the system and all my games, Oblivion/Bioshock included).

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
No DLC and both very old games by now. Those who wanted them should have picked up the GOTY versions loooong ago.
Seems like a retarded idea if you ask me.

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
I'm so getting this. I loved Oblivion to pieces, even more than Skyrim....It's close though.

Fallout 3 was alright, felt huge but didn't have that feel as Oblivion.

So when it comes out, i'm so buying it.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
You can get Oblivion and FO3 GOTY editions separately, cheaper than that nowadays. I got Oblivion GOTY for all of £8 and FO3 can be gotten for about 3p nowadays

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Vault101 said:

Quick! It might not be too late! Log out and load up a game you love, but large numbers of other folk find awful... it might offer enough perspective to stall the descent.

OP: Eh... No DLC? Really? Considering how wildly different the two games are respective to each other, a person would be better off getting the GoTY version of the one that peaks their interest most. If you have a clear preference between the Mad Max films and the Lord of the Rings trilogy, then your choice should be easily made.

Also, HA! If you get this and pay for all the DLC for each game, you'll likely spend just as much as you would on the 2 GoTY versions. Heck, it would likely cost more.