Mass Effect 3 Petition Demands the Truth About Aliens

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mass Effect 3 Petition Demands the Truth About Aliens

Start your day off right with a Mass Effect 3 internet petition calling on the government of the United Kingdom to tell the truth about aliens.

This is not the sort of Mass Effect 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-Xbox-360/dp/B004FYEZMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329928011&sr=8-1] petition you see every day. Instead of the usual angry internet piffle about Shepard's gender or sexuality, or the use of day-one DLC or online passes, this call for action is just a wee bit different.

"The Citadel ignored Shepard - but you can make a difference by signing a petition calling for the government to release information about UFOs and extra-terrestrial life," it says. "We need to secure 10,000 signatures to make the government listen and take notice of our case. Add your name and take part in a Mass Effect 3 campaign which could change the way we think about aliens forever."

The site, at Directgov petition [http://www.petition.masseffect.com/] to the U.K. Ministry of Defense calling for a public inquiry into "the UFO phenomena and any possible extraterrestrial involvement." It's rung up around 300 signatures at last count, well short of the target, but there's plenty of time left as the petition doesn't close until mid-August.

So how about it, people? Will you ignore Shepard too - or will stand up and demand the truth? The truth - it's out there!

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
"...Ass your name and take part in a Mass Effect 3 campaign which could change the way we think about aliens forever."
Pretty sure you meant "add", Andy.

On topic, bwuh? Since when has the UK supposedly been "hiding" information about aliens? And why is Mass Effect tied to this? Doesn't look well made enough that it'd seem EA or BioWare are endorsing it, even if BioWare's name is on the page. Looks like a bunch of nonsense or a silly joke to me.

Gammayun

Aug 23, 2011
Its a trap by the government to find the crazy people in the uk, there a conspiracy going on here.
THE MILKMAN!!!!!!!

Dec 14, 2009
We already know what happened to the aliens.

All the underclass told them to stop taking our jobs and piss off back where they came from.

Gives a whole new meaning to Muslamic Ray Guns.

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
I'm not sure waht to say to this, it could very well be real, or it could just be an elaborate hoax by EA to try and drum up publicity, let's face it, we've caught them doing far worse.

I'm honestly not even sure which I'd rather believe, so I'll just deflect to the obvious question, what happens if this works, and the UK -does- reveal that they had proof of extraterrestrial, sentient life?

My theory is that it'll cause a domino effect of all the other governments releasing their data, which will in turn cause lobbyists to use the information to revitalize their country's space programs in an effort to win the votes of the people, because then we'd have a damn good reason to want to get off this rock, I mean, we couldn't just leave a new race unconquered, that'd be totally out of character for us!

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Good luck.

Even if the petition reaches to 100,000 They don't need to debate about it. Nevertheless, the MOD has already took investigations into UFOs and came-up with nothing conclusive, in which case, even if they did find anything it would've been covered by the Official Secrets Act 1989.

Why must we spend more pointless money that doesn't benefit the people? Give the money to the NHS ffs.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Gammayun said:
Its a trap by the government to find the crazy people in the uk, there a conspiracy going on here.
THE MILKMAN!!!!!!!
Do they need this? Just round up the people who say they're Jedi on the surveys.

Dec 14, 2009
Zachary Amaranth said:
Gammayun said:
THE MILKMAN!!!!!!!
Do they need this? Just round up the people who say they're Jedi on the surveys.
Oh shi-

Subject has been apprehended. Returning to HQ

Carry on, nothing to see here.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
Gammayun said:
THE MILKMAN!!!!!!!
Fortified with what the world wants. What the world deserves.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
For the second time in as many days, a news item that reminds me why when someone mentions Bioware to me in Real Life, I just say "That's those video game people on the southside, right?"

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
So the tinhats are petitioning the UK government to reveal information that probably doesnt exist and using Mass Effect to try and gain more signitures?

Why didnt they realise they would get much more support in America? The fools over there would believe the moon is made of ice cream if you showed a convincing photoshop of it.