Borderlands 2 "Launch Date Trailer" Promises Great Things

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Borderlands 2 "Launch Date Trailer" Promises Great Things

The Borderlands 2 release date trailer is so awesome it might just make you joy puke your face off.

I don't think I've ever joy puked, but then again I'm not really clear on how that works so maybe I did and just wasn't aware of it. If I was inclined to such an unorthodox expression of glee, this new Borderlands 2 "launch date trailer" would probably be enough to push me over the edge. Why? Let me count the ways!

87 bazillion guns! 96.5 percent more WUB WUB! 870 gajillion more guns! Oh, and also an "epic campaign," split-screen multiplayer, four-player online co-op and some pretty sweet-looking cel-shaded visuals.

The other awesome thing about all this - aside from the dubstep, which I swear just gets better and better with every new trailer - is that Borderlands 2 now has a release date! It's nowhere near ready for launch at this point which means there's plenty of time for delays, but at this particular moment Borderlands 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-2-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SYK44/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329931319&sr=8-1] is slated to come out on September 18 [September 21 in Europe, hence the date in the trailer] for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. WUB WUB!

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
An announcement trailer about the date of another announcement trailer.

What has the world come to...

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Either the dubstep in theese trailers is infectious or they really are getting better.

Either way two games im buying this fall as of now.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Looks pretty good, but the music made this trailer next to impossible to watch. I hate that... Looks like this is a game that I am going to buy though.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Sweeeet!

Also, I feel anyone with the name of "Handsome Jack" needs to be played/voiced by Bruce Campbell.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Looks sick-awesome....but whaddaya wanna bet Zero's gonna have Mordecai syndrome? I.E. Everyone's gonna play as the bastard. :p

Dec 14, 2009
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
Looks sick-awesome....but whaddaya wanna bet Zero's gonna have Mordecai syndrome? I.E. Everyone's gonna play as the bastard. :p
I was just thinking that :D

I think the generic soldier guy looks really out of place.

The Siren looks interesting

The Gunzerker looks interesting

The Ninja looks interesting

Generic looking marine? Not so much.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
Never did understand the attraction, just ain't my style i guess, is it like...the silent mystic or something? or because he's a ninja?. We had the Sniper, now the Ninja, next comes Pirate?.

Gonna go for Maya methinkies, what's the deal with siren at the end i wonder? and will your guardian angel make a reappearance!

Daystar Clarion said:
Ignatz_Zwakh said:

The soldier is quite generic, they should've just slammed the Gunzerker class with the soldier class and came up with a new class.

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Pandalisk said:
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
Never did understand the attraction, just ain't my style i guess, is it like...the silent mystic or something? or because he's a ninja?. We had the Sniper, now the Ninja, next comes Pirate?.

Gonna go for Maya methinkies, what's the deal with siren at the end i wonder? and will your guardian angel make a reappearance!

Daystar Clarion said:
Ignatz_Zwakh said:

The soldier is quite generic, they should've just slammed the Gunzerker class with the soldier class and came up with a new class.

I suppose they figure that revamped skill trees will make up for having a class or two that are essentially upgrades of classes from numero uno.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Ignatz_Zwakh said:
Pandalisk said:
Ignatz_Zwakh said:

Daystar Clarion said:
Ignatz_Zwakh said:

I suppose they figure that revamped skill trees will make up for having a class or two that are essentially upgrades of classes from numero uno.
Whilst agree with the fact he looks very generic, we can't judge a book by it's cover.
They created a new class, the Siren is going to play differently as she has different powers, and I bet they're gonna focus on more of an Engineer, we don't know the class yet.

Dec 14, 2009
The journey man said:
Holy crap this makes me want to play this game so much more then before! Also Zero look awesome!
You mean you're drawn to the enigmatic ninja character whose name is a number?

I'm so surprised :D

I'm calling it. Every man and his dog will be using Zero.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
I had a lot of problems with the first game, but overall I found it fun and was actually looking forward to a sequel if it had a stronger single-player focus that didn't feel like "it's only single-player because you're missing 3 people" like most co-op games. Couldn't tell that from the trailer so not going to judge it yet, but overall the trailer was disappointing.

I was hoping we'd get to see more of the universe the game takes place in, so knowing we're just going back to Pandora is disappointing. Also, I hated the first game's ending so referring to the new characters as Vault Hunters again feels like salt in the wound.

Oh, and I hated the music, but that's just my taste; it doesn't feel like it fits with the last game's desert-rock, Cage the Elephant and Champion soundtrack.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
It's a real shame that I have no friends to play this with. :p

I also like how the 'not taking any of this seriously' but in a serious way work so well.

Unlike that other game...

bunnykinodeath

Jul 3, 2011
err, does anyone know if the preorder bonuas will apply in the UK? and if there is some kind of collecters edition?

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Meh?

Ok, granted, I never was a big fan of the first Borderlands - the gun variety was an outright lie, there were barely a dozen guns in the game, only with increasing numbers; the game was outrageously repetitive and boring, with plot and variety getting mostly played out in the first hour and then it was another 20+ hours of grinding the same 3 raiders and some antlions over and over again, etc. I liked what Borderlands wanted to be, but I always felt that it never followed through. It wasn't bad, it was just shallow and boring.

The trailer does look cool, I like the look of the new classes, the new enemies seen nice, the cool visual style is still there, I always salute a game that includes split screen (though it doesn't help my PC gaming arse one bit, but I'm still happy for you console dudes). If the game can come up with a decent single player campaign with some variety, it could turn out fun.

Oh, and the dubstep was terrible (as was dubstep in pretty much any trailer in the past year and any dubstep anyone has ever played for me). As in, my ears are bleeding. Seriously, how can people listen to that? (rhetorical question; everyone has their tastes) It's like someone set out to collect the most annoying sounds ever created and then mash them up as arythmically as they possibly could...

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Must not get hyped, must not get hyped-

God dammit, okay, I'm a little hyped now. But that's all you're getting out of me until I hear more about whether in-game dialouge has been expanded/whether Gamespy is involved.