Watch Videogame Pick Up Lines Brutally Murder Romance

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Watch Videogame Pick Up Lines Brutally Murder Romance

With Valentine's Day behind us, let's take a moment to watch just how terribly our collective pastime can butcher the concept of male/female interaction.

There is a certain breed of male that considers itself incredibly dashing. The pinnacle of charm, if you will. No, I'm not speaking of The Escapist news team. Instead, I refer to the "pick-up artist."

This subgenre of the masculine gender seeks to boil dating down into a canny, near-scientific formula. By using a combination of silver-tongued wit and words proven to turn ladyfolk into insatiable walking avatars of lust, these dudes make panties disappear en masse (or so they would have us believe).

So willing are they to prove their talents at attracting the opposite sex that these fellas will take up any challenge to their abilities, including the task of namedropping famous videogames as part of their "game."

That video embedded at top-right offers a documentary-esque glimpse at the results. Now would be a good time to hit "play," but I warn you: That clip is not safe for work, school, home or anyone who might think these people are anything less than terribly creepy.

Now I don't want you to think that I'm merely talking down these guys (all of whom are members of a San Francisco-based pickup collective appropriately dubbed "Simple Pickup" [http://www.facebook.com/SimplePickup]) merely because I'm far more charming than any of them. Nor do I show you this clip to illustrate how far from anything that could possibly be considered "romantic" do these gents stray in their futile attempts to turn classic games like Pac-Man, Call of Duty and StarCraft into useful invitations for sexy time.

Instead, I'm presenting this video purely for the benefit of our female readers. Ladies, if you are ever approached by anyone who clumsily mentions his or her favorite game in some kind of horrific sexual euphemism, for the good of the human species I implore you to wound them physically, preferably in a fashion that might prevent future procreation.

If these people are allowed to spread whatever genetic defect convinced them that any of this was a good idea, well ... I can only hope the inevitable, bloody rise of the machines wipes out the entire human species before we're forced to find out exactly what horrors that might entail.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5887689/do-not-attempt-these-painfully-awkward-video-game-pickup-lines-on-other-living-creatures]

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Thats videos still better than some of the things [http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/blog/2012/02/14/street_fighter_x_tekken_animated_gifs_for_your_closest_fightin_friends] that turned up on the Capcom blog last week.

Kyle 2175

Jan 7, 2010
snowplow said:
Great, so now having games as a hobby gets gets you castrated. Wonderful. Truly a progressive society.

for the good of the human species I implore you to wound them physically, preferably in a fashion that might prevent future procreation.
Nice eugenics there, which is btw considered unethical. I have some master race breeding programs you might be interested in, care to join the Stormfront newsletter?
You do realise that they're joking, right?

Anyway, this is pretty silly. I can't say I really care about it one way or the other, but it was certainly cringe worthy.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Man, that Starcraft line almost made me gag so hard that I almost vomited...
These literally make my brain hurt...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Kyle 2175 said:
snowplow said:
Great, so now having games as a hobby gets gets you castrated. Wonderful. Truly a progressive society.

for the good of the human species I implore you to wound them physically, preferably in a fashion that might prevent future procreation.
Nice eugenics there, which is btw considered unethical. I have some master race breeding programs you might be interested in, care to join the Stormfront newsletter?
You do realise that they're joking, right?

Anyway, this is pretty silly. I can't say I really care about it one way or the other, but it was certainly cringe worthy.
Nex was joking, but I'm gonna say we should follow through on his suggestion. Because...dear lord, this just shouldn't happen again. Ever. *shudder*

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
"I would try to help these guys out, but they don't need any more Fuel."- Brother after reading this.

I think my face is sore from cringing so much. Owwww.

Especially the Resistance one. Was dangerously close to a rapist line.

ciancon

Waiting patiently.....
Nov 27, 2009
The subtle ones were pretty good, like Perfect Dark, Uncharted and Dead Or Alive.

The others...not so much!

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
-You know what my fetish is?
-No.
-Jesus. Happy valentine's day *gives pamphlet*

Yeah, everything about this video was creepy...but that was the most disturbing for me. I don't think that girl understand what a fetish is. So like, if you say the word Jesus or start praying, she gets turned on or what? That's just creepy.

But what's even more disturbing is that most of their pick-up lines and convos worked! HOW?! Have I been doing it wrong this whole time?!

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
This is just ... bad. I stop halfway after the tomb raider bit.

To quote from a infamous cartoon "When does the hurting stop."

draythefingerless

Jul 10, 2010
Beautiful End said:
-You know what my fetish is?
-No.
-Jesus. Happy valentine's day *gives pamphlet*

Yeah, everything about this video was creepy...but that was the most disturbing for me. I don't think that girl understand what a fetish is. So like, if you say the word Jesus or start praying, she gets turned on or what? That's just creepy.

But what's even more disturbing is that most of their pick-up lines and convos worked! HOW?! Have I been doing it wrong this whole time?!
its fake. thats why it works.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
"My penis is so big you will be in Max Payne."

I was surprised she stuck around after the first three words frankly. I hope she won't press charges. :p

gellert1984

Apr 16, 2009
Beautiful End said:
When I lived in the US I new a guy who went around bars asking attractive looking women if 'you wanna fuck?'. 9 times out of 10 he'd get a slap but he never spent a night alone using this method.

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
Those weren't even funny, they were just terrible...
things like "I'd like to Nydus your main." are at least clever, but they were just interjecting video game names needlessly, I doubt most of the references were even noticed.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
gellert1984 said:
Beautiful End said:
When I lived in the US I new a guy who went around bars asking attractive looking women if 'you wanna fuck?'. 9 times out of 10 he'd get a slap but he never spent a night alone using this method.
Wow. I...uhh...I guess I've been lucky for I've never met people like that, men nor women.

I still prefer to date people who are interested in something else other than sex, thank you very much. :/

Lizard Queen

Apr 21, 2008
I only got about 2 mins into the video before I had to make the pain go away. If any guys said some of those things to me I would call the police.
gellert1984 said:
Beautiful End said:
This approach is at least honest, that's probably why it worked. Sometimes the direct approach is a refreshing change.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Hey vagineer, we should Deus Ex. I don't wanna become your S.T.A.L.K.E.R., so let me pound your Bastion into Oblivion. Sex is a multiplayer thing, you know? You want my wiimote in your sexbox, my mass effect in your portal.