EA Unveils First Medal of Honor: Warfighter Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
EA Unveils First Medal of Honor: Warfighter Trailer

In the first Medal of Honor: Warfighter trailer, the dogs of war are beasts of men.

The Tier 1 Operator is a soldier like no other. He breathes water. He changes shape. He sees in the dark. He is not even human; he is a shadow, and nothing can stop him. Bam! Smash cut explosion! Bass drop! Run credits!

So it goes in the announcement trailer for Medal of Honor: Warfighter, the upcoming sequel to the 2010 game Medal of Honor: Gunshooter, which honesty compels me to admit wasn't actually called "Gunshooter." In any event, this looks like fairly standard stuff for a modern military FPS these days, with small, shadowy teams of Tier 1 Operators - SEAL, SAS, JTF2 and so forth - skulking around, inspiring Batman-esque levels of fear in uneducated Eastern European thugs and blowing the crap out of everything they see.

It doesn't say a thing about whether or not the game will be any good and in fact suggests that it will probably just be more of the same, but that's not necessarily bad if you're a fan of the genre. At this point, I'll call it an 8.5/10 and reserve the right to revise the right to revise upwards when Medal of Honor: Warfighter [http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-Warfighter-Xbox-360/dp/B0050SY5BM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331069672&sr=8-1] comes out in October - the 23rd, to be precise, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Jonathan Lee

Feb 13, 2010
I just hope that they don't go over the top like the second and third modern warfares. Keep them in the shadows. I really appreciate the FSB, GROM, JTF2, SASR, FSK being included as well as the other big names. It's nice to see a Special forces community working together. Just please dear god keep the gung-ho, macho, apocalyptic, "american is under attack"-ness out of something like this. (Ah... rant over). Seems like the BF3 single player was actually a frost bite 2 demo and this medal of honour seems like the real single player(Pure speculation of course). Oh well... I hope for the nest with this one.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Okay, because I'm starting to get angry about the joking about the subtitle, I have to ask you to read this piece of writing I saw on the MoH twitter feed:
http://www.army.mil/features/WhoIsTheWarfighter/default.html
and kindly give it a rest. Based on everything they've said about the game, "Warfighter" is very well representative of what they're going for.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Stay tuned for the first exciting DLC release, Medal of Honor: Letterwriter!

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Awww, disappointed. I was momentary excited at the prospect that EA might be rebooting their Medal of Honor franchise as WWII fighter combat game.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
And they continue to over saturate the market with, not just shooters in general, but modern shooters. Maybe this one will be better?

No? Am I being too optimistic?

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
What are the odds that some 'uneducated' Eastern European thug is watching this and giggling like a kid? I smell another crap offering coming with linear game play and bland characters.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
I was hoping they would return to their roots and give us a solid next gen WWII game. Oh well, more uninspired modern crap. (That's like... totally my opinion man)

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
What a title. Can't wait for Call of Duty: Gunshooters and Call of Duty: Gunshooters 2 - Gunshooter Shooters.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
The last one had a pretty solid singleplayer. But that was about it.

But seriously. It will fail if they try to get passed with the same linear gameplay style that literally every modern Military shooter in the passed 5 years has gotten away with.

Seriously, go with the huge open maps. Try something different out.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Am I the only one who thought the first one (2010) was a terrible fucking game? Aside from the mediocre story, the multiplayer was just... just awful. Getting Spawn Camped is not fun.
No, no you are not. EA and DICE apparently are not through raping the Medal of Honor franchise, which began as a fine example of what soldiers had to sacrifice and endure for recognition of said medal. This "Tier One" bullcrap has nothing to do with the commendation, like being a SEAL is supposed to be an automatic qualification for it.
Now, this isn't a teardown of the SEALs or the other special forces teams mentioned in the video. Hell, no. In fact their good name stands to be dragged through the mud, as well, with this.
Overall, this makes me sick.
Slycne said:
Awww, disappointed. I was momentary excited at the prospect that EA might be rebooting their Medal of Honor franchise as WWII fighter combat game.
Color me just as disappointed. I don't even get their reasoning for maintaining this, when EA already has their Battlefield series giving people their modern warfare fillings. The Medal of Honor franchise could be used for other historic scenarios that players would find just as fun. Like Korea, Vietnam, Panama, and Grenada. Instead they have to try to cash in on the war in the Middle East like some overworked gun salesman.

People ask why Minecraft is so popular. This may be a good reason why. Because there are a lot of people who are sick and tired of crap like this saturating the gameshelves.

Lt. Rocky

Jan 4, 2012
Just call it another Battlefield installment EA, really, its best you just be honest with yourself and admit you want in on the annualized military shooter craze Activision's been enjoying.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Oh look, it's yet another modern war shooter. How incredible, I have never seen one of those before. I wish EA would leave the modern stuff to battlefield and let Medal of honour go back to WWII or some other time, I loved the older MOH games.

UrieHusky

Sep 16, 2011
Medal of honor - Warfighter?

I mean it sounds better than Medal of Honor - Soldier, or Medal of Honor - Guy/gal who shoots stuff but still.. great imagination guys o.o

I'll probably end up getting this since it looks interesting but I'm not pre-ordering from what I've seen so far, guess it's one of those "I'll check it out" titles, kind of had my fill of military shooters and I haven't even played that many

on a side note spelling honour wrong is grating T_T.