Journey

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Just a city boy! Born and raised in South Detroit! He wonders the desert singing songs and dancing everywhere.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I'm not sure how to feel about the lack of player identification in Journey.

I have a fun time exploring with someone, but then they log off and I'll never be able to see them again. Even if I do happen to run into them, I'll never know for sure if it's really them because there's only one single audio ping to communicate with.

Yes, I realise that that could be interpreted as a fantastic artistic statement about... I dunno... societal isolation or something, but in that case it's a fantastic artistic statement that makes me feel kinda bummed.

Although you could say it's a good kind of bummed feeling... AAARRRG!

Maybe I should just teach myself morse code.

NovraSplice

Mar 29, 2011
Every moment whilst playing this game I was like "Wow" with my jaw dropped. I was lucky enough to meet one person near the start and travel right to the end with him. We then added each other as friends afterward and now play more games together on multiplayer.

This game is everything that is good about multiplayer, you genuinely care for your companion, and you go through so much toil and trouble together that by the end you feel so much warmth.

Beautiful game, and great comic!

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Would love to play this but dont have a PS3 and I dont think getting a PS3 to play Journey is really a good justification! :p

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Sooooooooooooo what? No I'm serious, what is the game about?

OT: Excellent joke at the end. Plus you tricked me with the comment about the english man.

DVS BSTrD said:
This is the REAL reason they don't have voice chat for Journey.
Silence is golden.
May you, by chance, be referencing the Penny Arcade comic on this particular game?

Captcha: route one ... that's it. There be an AI in them thar internets. Question is who built it? [sub][sub][sub]I'm saying it's Skynet. IN DISGUISE.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Dec 14, 2009
Love this game.

It's absolutely brilliant and was really surprised by the emotional effect it had on me.

Certainly one of the new all time greats, that's for sure.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
This must have been so much fun to do, both write and draw! I should really get Journey, I'm hearing such great things.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Okay, now there's TWO games that I want a PS3 for. Freaking Playstation exclusives..... If you'd been cheaper from the beginning, I might have had you!

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Qitz said:
Just a city boy! Born and raised in South Detroit! He wonders the desert singing songs and dancing everywhere.
See what you did there.

Not sure if Toombs Approves or Disproves.

I'll give you an invisible hat instead.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I couldnt help but chuckle at the Skin head crying while playing.

Anyways, I really want to try this game, but lack the PSN to do so... I also dont have the PS3, so thats a problem too...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
There's no doubt in my mind that this game can make even skinheads cry.

Seraj

Nov 27, 2010
I really want to play this. I'm not buying a PS3 just for Journey though... Maybe it'll show up on Steam in a year? I shall just have to wait.

DVS BSTrD said:
Nile McMorrow said:
Sooooooooooooo what? No I'm serious, what is the game about?

OT: Excellent joke at the end. Plus you tricked me with the comment about the english man.

DVS BSTrD said:
Captcha: route one ... that's it. There be an AI in them thar internets. Question is who built it? [sub][sub][sub]I'm saying it's Skynet. IN DISGUISE.[/sub][/sub][/sub]
snip
Captcha: take care.

Wait, is that a warning or does this AI actually care about me?