First Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta Screens Released

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
First Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta Screens Released

Fallout 3 [http://www.bethesda.com] DLC Mothership Zeta, along with a look at what gamers can expect when the post-nuclear RPG heads off into space.

Mothership Zeta will take Fallout 3 players into the dark void of space aboard a massive eponymous alien spacecraft orbiting high above the Capital Wasteland. After tracking a signal from a crashed UFO and falling victim to an alien abduction, players must fight their way off the ship and back down to Earth, meeting and joining with other escapees while wielding powerful new weapons and armor, like the Alien Atomizer, Alien Disintegrator, Drone Cannon, a Gemini-era spacesuit and even Samurai armor.

But escape isn't the only goal: As players explore the vessel, they must learn the aliens' master plan and ultimately take over the ship before it can "wreak havoc on the unsuspecting Earth below." Players will be joined in their battle by other kidnapped denizens of the wasteland, as well as an "unexpected array" of characters from Earth's history.

Games for Windows Live [http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/art/fallout3-screenshots1.html], for 800 Microsoft Points.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Im still waiting for all this lovely DLC to come to PS3.
Gives me an excuse to pick it up again since I got Platinum.

But this looks a little odd, you just know the "unexpected array" will be people like Elvis and Lincoln who people keep saying were abducted.

Conveant0

Feb 4, 2009
Seeing as I don't follow Fallout 3 news with any gusto, this is a surprizing turn of focus from the post apoloclyptic landmass we've tredged over for around 9 months. It's understandable they're trying to make more cash from a successful francise, but at least they're keeping it fresh (Not just hoards of Super Mutants as the same enemies over and over... and over). Plus there could be a few funny mod possibilities on the computer made more possible with this.

D.C.

Oct 8, 2008
Well aliens are a recurring theme in both fallout and bethesda work, usually a small unexplained bit in the background. As for a whole DLC based on Aliens in the Fallout universe could either be an interesting one off or something that should have been completly avoided.
I'm hoping and trusting Bethasda for Mothership Zeta to be the first possibility.
Oh and i really hope this is tongue-in-the cheek funny while not taking itself seriously.

Kilaknux

Jun 16, 2009
I'm in two minds about this. For one, I always liked the idea that we would never really find out where the aliens come from, what the hell they were doing here etc. Frankly, Earth has enough problems without having to factor in the Greys (Leading to me also wondering what they could possibly want with Earth that they send down at least 4 known probes and probably more that didn't crash)

On the other hand, being able to give Lincoln his Rifle back, get a bunch of alien guns and fight the alien menace alongside historical characters? AWESOME! I'll probably have to get it, but with trepidations.

Zblade495

Jul 14, 2009
I really hope this won't just be a 2 hour run and gun like OA. It would be really cool to have this huge mothership to explore and aliens to talk to. (if the aliens are classified as a race like humans and ghouls it could also make modding really fun!)

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Whoa whoa, what the hell is that [http://fallout.bethsoft.com/images/art/zeta/mz_02B.jpg]? And alien blaster rifle?

Do want.

dashiz94

Apr 14, 2009
Interesting direction with this, although I may be hesitant considering that it may drop the whole, "post-apocalyptic" feel to it.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Awesome - it's looking great, and with this new info about teaming up with fellow abductees and historical figures, it's sounding better and better! Can't wait.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
This will be fun, I look forward to the PS3 DLC release, same as looking forward to Operation Anchorage damn it.

EDIT, oh 1000th post......wooooooooooooooo!

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
These guys are churning out DLC like there's no tomorrow! Is this ever going to end?

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
I hope they really play up a 1950's-style take on aliens - inspired by stuff like Mars Attacks and This Island Earth. The interior of the ship sort of seems like it does, and that pic of the crashed ship is great in that way. Those two things that the Vault Dweller is fighting in that one pic, not so much, but oh well. It still looks awesome.