Escapist User Groups Now Live

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Escapist User Groups Now Live

Hello Escapist Community!

Today we are implementing user groups at The Escapist; a system which will allow community users to form social groups around a particular topic in a way that forums do not directly support. What are these items you ask? Well, let me tell you!

· In user groups, the administrators of the group are the moderators

· Administrators can accept or deny members, along with giving people the boot if needed

· User groups will further discussion on specific conversations without off-topic interruptions

· Role playing user groups will now have the "Dice" function attached, along with reverse order posting for smoother RPing

· Within the group, a membership tab will show who else belongs to the group

We suggest our community members join multiple groups and get to deep thought, intellectual discussion...or some great RP! Currently we have a preset list of user groups for all to enjoy and will be adding more groups over the next couple of days. Our goal is open group creation to all users in the near future after proper testing has been done. To see the list of current groups; please look HERE [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/].

Best,
Spinwhiz

Dastardos

Jan 4, 2009
Pink Ponies Group is the bomb! I should get a Pony badge for being the second member to join.

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
While we don't currently have it set up to automatically create groups for users, you can still post your ideas and see if we will create it for you here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/User-Groups-Administration-Office-click-to-apply

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
Little problem with the groups. I join a group, then try to go to the chat, and it tells me I need to join the group. mind you these are ones like, anime fan and unforgotten realms fan, the open ones that just let you join, I even got the little message saying I joined after hitting the join group button, and it lists me as a member.

anyone else have this problem or know whats going on?

EDIT: don't know how but the problem fixed itself, ignore my complaint.

Delmar Wynn

Nov 12, 2002
black lincon said:
Little problem with the groups. I join a group, then try to go to the chat, and it tells me I need to join the group. mind you these are ones like, anime fan and unforgotten realms fan, the open ones that just let you join, I even got the little message saying I joined after hitting the join group button, and it lists me as a member.

Try closing your browser and coming back in and tell me if that fixes the problem.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
Cool. Hopefully we'll get some cool people in the Apocalypse Lane Group. :)

I see several more I may also have to become a part of. This looks sweet man.

black lincon

Aug 21, 2008
Delmar Wynn said:
black lincon said:

Try closing your browser and coming back in and tell me if that fixes the problem.
Thanks but like the edit says, it magically fixed itself.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
sirbryghtside said:
Like that idea, but will Mods step in if trolling occurs?

It means that I can unleash all of my random, non-trolling posts to the world :D
Yes, the mods are still mods and if we feel people are not following the forum guidelines, the hammer will be used.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
sirbryghtside said:
Wait, how do you chat? I can't seem to find an option to post D:

Will we get badges? I love badges :D
There should be a chat tab in each of the groups.