Peter Molyneux Confirmed For Molydeux Game Jam

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Peter Molyneux Confirmed For Molydeux Game Jam

Legendary developer Peter Molyneux will attend the What Would Molydeux? Game Jam to scout talent for his new start-up.

Isn't it fascinating how things work out? In November 2011 real-world event [https://twitter.com/#!/greenpixeldeux]. And now, as icing on the cake, Molyneux himself says he's going.

"I'll be there as long as I'm not a distraction," he told announced [http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/3/29/2910579/worlds-collide-molyneux-confirmed-for-molydeux-game-jam] earlier this month.

"I'm going there because I love those sort of things," he said. "But I'm also going to be looking and hoping to find some amazing people."

What Would Molydeux? events are now being held in astonishing 28 cities around the world. What would a game in which you can only progress during one minute silences, forcing you to find creative ways to keep the nation having one minute silences, be like? Maybe we'll find out! The What Would Molydeux? game jam begins at 7 pm EST on March 29 and runs for 48 hours. To learn more, check out the new site at whatwouldmolydeux.com [http://www.whatwouldmolydeux.com/].

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Wait.. what?

You mean the guy who is showing up for an event named after himself, so that he can scout talent for his new project is actually going to show up for it?!?!

Wow.

lapan

Jan 23, 2009
viranimus said:
Wait.. what?

You mean the guy who is showing up for an event named after himself, so that he can scout talent for his new project is actually going to show up for it?!?!

Wow.
It's a parody event, it's purpose wasn't to scout talent, he just saw it as an oppurtunity to do so.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Peter Molyneux is a nice guy and a creative genius. Even met him briefly once when my parents would take me to the CES shows (back when the public could actually attend) for my birthday in the 90s. He was promoting Magic Carpet and Theme Park at the time so I'm thinking it had to be 93 or maybe 94. I think his main problems with his more recent games have been that he simply wants to do too much. That and of course he seems to talk about what he would like to do rather than what he's realistically capable of doing.

I think getting back to working on a smaller scale will be good for him and finding people that haven't already been through the wringer that is the video game industry will be a good thing too. Hopefully he will find some good talent there and get back to making the caliber of games he used to make back in the Bullfrog days.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
/eyeroll

Yes I read the article. Clearly my point was missed.

Why do I even bother. Its ok, really. Just go about your normally scheduled thread.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
viranimus said:
/eyeroll

Yes I read the article. Clearly my point was missed.

Why do I even bother. Its ok, really. Just go about your normally scheduled thread.
Your point was missed because it was incorrect, it's called the molyDeux game jam not molyNeux, right here ais a good example why lionhead wanted the fake twitter account shut down because people skimm over the one letter difference in the name and start making assumptions. Additionally it was unconfirmed before this point whether or not the man himself would show up because the event really isnt about him or his company, it's just a good bit of PR that he is showing up.

Pyrian

Hat Man
Legacy
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
Country
US
viranimus said:
Clearly my point was missed.
You might want to clearly express your point, 'cause right now it just looks like you didn't understand the article before posting and now you're hiding behind pretending to be misunderstood yourself.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
darkstone said:
And others too
Your point was missed because it was incorrect, it's called the molyDeux game jam not molyNeux, right here ais a good example why lionhead wanted the fake twitter account shut down because people skimm over the one letter difference in the name and start making assumptions. Additionally it was unconfirmed before this point whether or not the man himself would show up because the event really isnt about him or his company, it's just a good bit of PR that he is showing up.[/quote]

NOOOO the point of my comment is that Peter Molyneaux is such an ego driven individual how could he resist scouting for talent at a gathering with a name that sounded like his. As in should anyone really be surprised that he might participate in that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The overall point could be gleaned from what I said by anyone trying to comprehend it, instead of looking for something so they can polish their own sense of superiority. Literally half of the thread is revolving around the failure to interpret what I said and really, theres only 2 people who even bothered to try to comment on the article itself, 3 if you count my initial post. Really this thread is all about failing to comprehend what was written and then proceeding to assume my intention when initial interpretations were so waaaaay off base.

Can we get the thread back on track please? I have had to kill the clown that was the attempt at humor I tried to make by explaining it in this level of detail, so not answering any other quotes or replies on it in the hopes that the thread can be corrected from this derailment.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
I have to admit that's pretty cool. But in a way it makes it look like Molyneux is actually turning in to a parody of himself. He's talent scouting at a place where people are making games based on jokes about him! It's like he actually wants people who can make these ridiculous ideas. He's becoming Molydeux!

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
I remember hearing Kleptok talking about this on the recent Giant Bombcast.

I'm interested. Hearing that Molyneux is involved just makes it even better, I love that guy.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011

the legend of molyneux continues

plus since the split with lionhead, i think molydeux can go back to not putting a satire warning on the feed