Announcing the Winners of the WoW Caption Contest!

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
Announcing the Winners of the WoW Caption Contest!

Over the past week we've been accepting submissions for our first WoW Action Figure Caption Contest. Your entries were both hilarious and horrific, which is exactly what we asked for, so thanks! Now two lucky folks will be walking away with a few magnificent models each, which boast elaborate attention to detail, express each character's own unique nuances, and stand approximately six inches tall. Congratulations to the victors who both picked the same image, unequivocal proof that gnomes are silly. We've also listed honorable mentions below their respective images.

<br clear=both>

Winners

GRAND PRIZE WINNER "HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." by [user]Harry Brock[/user].

RUNNER UP "AIN'T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH, AIN'T NO VALLEY LOW ENOUGH, AIN'T NO RIVER WIIIIIIDE ENOOOOUGH TO KEEP ME FROM GETTING TO YOU, CANDLE!" by [user]Gary Playford Jr.[/user]

Honorable Mentions

"Troll Moonkin dances his way into the icy heart of the Headless Horseman. Together they enjoy a romantic Venice Valentines." by [user]DeflectorDish[/user]

"One more night of neglecting to buff me, and he gets arcane powder where his off-hand should be..." by [user]Rommelain[/user]

"Once you pop DoTs, you can't stop!" by [user]Jo Rathbun[/user]

"Don't forget the mountain dew! We're raiding tonight!" by [user]Odbarc[/user]

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
'Don't forget the Mountain Dew, we're raiding tonight'

That was my personal favourite, although maybe I didn't really get the other ones because I never actually played WoW.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
Wait, what?

I didn't even know this was happening. Clearly I completely missed the announcement somehow.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I feel extremely sorry for the people who managed to lose this.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Weird, apart from Odbac, all these leading entrants joined the Escapist on the same day (27 March 2012) and haven't really been active since.

Anyone else think that's a little fishy?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
DazZ. said:
I feel extremely sorry for the people who managed to lose this.
And I feel extremely sorry for losing. I thought my Pringles entry would have warranted at least an honourable mention until I read the winners.

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
IndianaJonny said:
Weird, apart from Odbac, all these leading entrants joined the Escapist on the same day (27 March 2012) and haven't really been active since.

April Fools Prank, perhaps?

Nasrin

Leviathan
May 30, 2011
IndianaJonny said:

Blizzard advertised the contest on their Facebook, so a lot of new users likely came to the site through that.

I swear you all are forever looking to uncover a conspiracy, hehe.

IndianaJonny

Mysteron Display Team
Jan 6, 2011
Nasrin said:
IndianaJonny said:

Blizzard advertised the contest on their Facebook, so a lot of new users likely came to the site through that.

I swear you all are forever looking to uncover a conspiracy, hehe.
Yeah, well you wouldn't admit it if it was the case, would ya' buddy! You can't fool cranky, paranoid, old me that easily!

Shadow Master

Mar 27, 2012
I can't believe I spent a good 20 minutes thinking up original, creative captions with a basis in WoW gameplay and lore just to be beaten by pop culture references.

I usually never post things like this, since I actually enjoy seeing superior creative works winning various contests I've entered, as that gives me an opportunity to look them over and improve my own works in the future, but this...

This was totally unexpected and mindboggling.

It's not even personal. I didn't have to win. I just wish someone who actually submitted something good won instead of this.