Creative License Makes For Gorgeous GlaDOS Cosplay

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Creative License Makes For Gorgeous GlaDOS Cosplay

How do you cosplay a character with no recognizable human features? Simple. You add some.

Yes, I realize fans have ascribed various physical human attributes to GlaDOS almost from the moment she was revealed in the original Portal, but the fact remains that the character is a hanging contraption cobbled together from gears, wires and space-age polymers. That's why it's so impressive that this GlaDOS cosplayer was able to humanize the malevolent AI, while retaining recognizable features of the original design. The overall effect is at once immediately reminiscent of Valve's creation and quite aesthetically pleasing.

Translation: Brittany (that's her name) looks gorgeous.

The image at top-right was captured by photographer Senen Llanos, but I highly recommend that you also this gallery on Brittany's blog [http://www.senencito.com/my-blog/2012/4/9/glados-cosplay.html]. Though the costume may not be a perfect recreation of GlaDOS' metallic form, I kinda prefer this version. The creative license employed in the creation of this costume is very clever, and demonstrates a deep understanding of the character as well as the cosplayer's own creativity.

Source: Geekologie [http://www.geekologie.com/2012/04/the-pie-is-a-lie-impressive-glados-cospl.php]

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Its a pretty nifty compromise, though she's... Just not sinister enough.

Still, that's a petty complaint for a design that clearly took a lot of care and effort.

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Wow. Obvious statement is obvious: Cosplayers are awesome!

Also incredibly creative. It's interesting to think that someone like this can look at something as abstract as GLaDOS and make it into a costume like this.

revjay

Everybody's dead, Dave.
Nov 19, 2007
Had they not pointed out this is supposed to be GlaDOS, I would've had no idea what they were going for. I guess the costume designer gets points for.. making a costume but I'm just not a fan. Sorry, nice try kids.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Erana said:
Its a pretty nifty compromise, though she's... Just not sinister enough.
I'm going to pretend that she has a hardcore tsundere personality and auto-tune.
A man can dream, can't he? :D
DVS BSTrD said:
I think I just became a technophile
Also Inb4 This is a Triumph...
/shakefist
Cosplay has created fetishes for me, that I did not know existed =|
Cute girls can make anything cute and amazing no matter what it is.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
totally heterosexual said:
How is this news worthy though?
Better than rehashing endless rumours about the new consoles.

Love it! Great interpretation of Glados!

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
totally heterosexual said:
How is this news worthy though?
IDRK personally. I saw either her or someone else with a cosplay that was exactly like this at NYCC 2011. If I could figure out a way to get my pictures off my 3DS i would have it uploaded too.

UnderGlass

Jan 12, 2012
Amazing effort and love some of the details but I have to agree with Revjay that it just looks kind of silly.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
The Glados face was done correctly but the rest of it.......

White and black clothing does not automatically make it Portal related. I think its alright, bit too bland if you ask me. And Glados is a homicidal psychopath....not getting that vibe with this.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Costume is pretty good. But there's easily better costumes out there.

Can we at least be honest with each other and change the title to "Very hot chick dressed in okay GlaDOS costume"?

Also, why exactly is this in the news section?

I thought we were trying to move away from making some kind of special deal out of women being into gaming. Not make news articles out of it.

And yes, this post is largely hyperbolic.

6SteW6

Mar 25, 2011
I dunno if it was her poses, the costume or the models figure/hair but it all came off very...lady gaga to me :S

pdgeorge

Dec 25, 2008
6SteW6 said:
I dunno if it was her poses, the costume or the models figure/hair but it all came off very...lady gaga to me :S
I agree, none of it reminds me of GLaDOS, the head was sort of well made, but the close up pictures shows how meh it really is.
The dress she's wearing doesn't look ANYTHING like GLaDOS and it doesn't look like anything special in the slightest.