Esther's Mod

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Now, I always viewed a game like Dear Esther, and other games like The Path as not really games as much as an experience. Also, I viewed both those games as an experience I dont much care for.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Oh dear. I played Dear Esther, and i liked it. It was something a bit different. Not that artsy, but it made me think a bit, and i liked pondering about what really happened. And i was really damn surprised how good some of the places in the game looked, especially since it was an Indie game.

Tho it would be interesting to play such an FPS on Esther`s maps.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Owlslayer said:
Oh dear. I played Dear Esther, and i liked it. It was something a bit different. Not that artsy, but it made me think a bit, and i liked pondering about what really happened. And i was really damn surprised how good some of the places in the game looked, especially since it was an Indie game.

Tho it would be interesting to play such an FPS on Esther`s maps.
It was originally released in 2008 as nothing more than a mod created with Half Life 2's source engine and it looked bloody amazing back then. Robert Briscoe did some amazing things with that engine. Now it looks even better, far more impressive than any triple A title in recent memory.

OT: Gotta say I lol'd hard at the final panel of that comic!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The darkside of mods...

Gah. I'd love to try Journey but I have no way of doing so for the time being... :S

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Redlin5 said:
The darkside of mods...

Gah. I'd love to try Journey but I have no way of doing so for the time being... :S
1. I LOVE Journey! Great game.

2. You think you have seen the dark side of mods here? Well don't ever look at the mods for Bethesda games, or you may go mental.
Don't get me wrong. Most just try to make the games a bit better, but some.......Not so much.

I mean some of the kids can get on your nerves, but those are the spoiled rich kids mostly. The rest are not all that bad really but then again, that's only an opinion, and not really a fact.

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Journey is something amazing. Finished a first playthrough last week, and I'm planning on playing it again soon.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
How nerdy is it that I know that those buckshot ammo pickup models/textures are from Fallout 3?

Oh, and typo in the OP.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Leels said:
Esther's Mod

Just a few tweeks.

Read Full Article
I believe it's spelt tweaks...

OT: Brilliant work Alex. Though sadly this might be the only way I'd end up paying out for Dear Esther.

spectrenihlus

Feb 4, 2010
I tried dear esther, had to put heavy metal music to stop me from falling asleep. It's pretty but my god is it boring.

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
I must admit that Dear Esther would make a great Call of Duty/Battlefield: Falklands environment.

fish iron4

Dec 6, 2010
spectrenihlus said:
I tried dear esther, had to put heavy metal music to stop me from falling asleep. It's pretty but my god is it boring.
That's because its not meant to be a high speed action packed adventure! Its meant to be a relaxing thoughtful pondering experience silly boy :p