Capcom Unveils $1300 Resident Evil 6 Special Edition

Hevva

Shipwrecked, comatose, newsie
Aug 2, 2011

For $1300, Japanese fans of the series will be able to purchase Resident Evil 6 bundled with a replica of protagonist Leon's coat.

I sometimes think about what I'd buy with $1300. A giant TV, perhaps? Some new clothes? A bookcase? Oh, I know! A plane ticket to Japan! I've always wanted to take a vacation there. And while I'm there, according to developer Capcom, I could take a few minutes out of my holiday to find and purchase one of its limited Resident Evil 6 Special Edition packs. The pack would cost me a cool $1300 (105,000 Yen), much like my plane ticket, and would include four phone case covers and a snazzy replica of Leon's leather jacket.

The pack is "printhing [sic]," [http://www.e-capcom.com/bio6/] according to the listing), with Leon's jacket available in Small, Medium, Large, or Extra Large. No translations mention a Leon-coat designed in a female cut. The phone covers shown on the page reveal that Leon, Chris, Jake, and "SECRET" will feature on one phone cover each. At the moment the pack is only available to Japanese gamers.

The jacket would seem to be the main focus here, though. What can we say about it? It's made of leather, has many functional pockets, little shoulder-hook things and a few cosmetic strips here and there. Leon looks dashing enough in it. Do leather jackets normally cost this much? What kind of leather are we talking here? While we're on the subject, an official replica of Adam Jensen's (hot as all proverbials) trenchcoat [http://eu.deusex-store.com/product/EGX-D3_COAT-VT-001_Trenchcoat] is a fraction of the price. But then again, it doesn't include phone covers or a copy of the game.

Resident Evil 6 and its $1300 Japanese Special Leathery Edition will be released on October 2 2012.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-11-resident-evil-6-premium-edition-costs-817]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Is this for real? Wow. I feel bad for anyone who spends this kind of money on leather jackets >.>

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
It's a shame the whole thing can't be translated due to being an image.
$1300 dollars?
Make it $130 and then we can talk.

Well, I suppose young japanese males, with their lack of spending money on ladies, might be tempted to buy one. It's how Capcom makes up it's profit margins right?

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Get the fuck out of here! 1300 bucks for a game, some phone covers, and a jacket with a few extra pockets? A fool and his money I guess . . .

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
Xiado said:
For $1300 I'd expect nothing less than a hooker looking exactly like Jill Valentine to jump out of the box and spend the night with you.
Forget a one nighter, she better be there for life and if she has a subscription fee then something is up.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
$1300? So for me that would be £817.83, according to some Google converter. Jesus... and I thought I was being silly when I bought the Skyrim Collectors Edition for £129.99.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Xiado said:
For $1300 I'd expect nothing less than a hooker looking exactly like Jill Valentine to jump out of the box and spend the night with you
In some more rural areas of the country you could probably get a reasonable facsimile of what you're describing for about half that. . . . .

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
nah, i think it is not worth it, not a real fan of the series, more for the hardcore fanbase.

must say that the deus ex trench coat looks sweet.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
Dastardly said:
Hevva said:
Dear lord... are we sure that's not in yen?
It converts to roughly 1,298 dollars Canadian. We need to keep in mind though that everything in Japan is more expensive than it would be in North America.

Edit, I'm curious what a real leather jacket is actually worth.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
you'd think for that amount they at least also give away the on disc DLC

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
They must be desperate for cash huh?

They may be stupid but whomever buys that is stupider.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
What can I say? Capcom you guys are just money hungry.

I can find a better leather jacket for roughly half the price. Hell I bet I can find a replica jacket for a cheaper price.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Jensen's coat costs a lot less because it doesn't have the flower pattern. It would cost $1300 if it had them.

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
So instead of gamers raging on Capcom, we have to deal with tons on tons of Mass Effect threads?

I know Capcom has always been a company testing just how much they can get away with, but 4 digits for a lousy jacket and some phone covers? I don't know any special editions come close to that in terms of price, regardless of content.

Captcha:heated debate.
Understatement round these parts