246: The Last Samurai

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
cant believe i never read this article. Bushido Blade will always hold a special place in my heart those exact reasons.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
As mentioned by several others ... I have to say that KENGO is freakin' AWESOME.

I played it whilst living in Japan - funnily enough, I was studying iaido at the same time. There's something particularly awesome about learning a martial art you can see demonstrated quite accurately in a game. My sensei would have kicked the crap out of me if I tried 95% of the moves in Kengo, however.

Bushido Blade, Way of the Samurai, Kengo .. all great duelling games. I get the shits when I see Shinsangokumusou and - and I am not shitting you at all here - I close my eyes and mash the keys for ten minutes. And I am awarded by hearing my allies cheer 'Huzzah! You have slain 1,000 of the enemy' .... WITH MY EYES CLOSED. Srsly. Retarded pandas can excel at those damned games.

But all this said, I am a huge fan of Mount & Blade. Open world, limitless challenges, and fiercely brutal combat. The panic that sets in when your horse gets speared from under you; you're thrown from the saddle into a swarm of enemy infantry. You fend off a strike or two, cut down a pikeman, turn to run .... just to see 6 enemy cavalry levelling their lances at you. Even if the lances don't get you, the horses' hooves will. Ahhh yes ... Blood for the blood god.