Atlus' Newest Game Is Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Atlus' Newest Game Is Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble

The fans have spoken, and Japan's Kenka Bancho 3 is getting "a badass name for a badass game" when it comes stateside courtesy of Atlus as Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble.

Can I say that sheer ridiculousness [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.123424]. Kenka Bancho 3 that puts players in the shoes of the meanest and leanest Japanese high schooler around. There are Hitler mustaches and eyebeams involved.

What better name for such a game than Badass Rumble, which was one of the nominees for gamers to choose from in an Atlus election for the game's localized moniker? It's definitely what I voted for. Well, Badass Rumble didn't win, but it didn't lose, either. Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble will be the name of the game, a title sure to please both hardcore Japanophiles by preserving the native tongue and fans of the use of the words "badass" and "rumble" in conjunction (that'd be me) alike.

"The title was voted in by a 3-to-1 margin, which means that fans strongly felt it was the best fit for the game, or, that they all giggled uncontrollably at the sight of the word 'badass'," Atlus PR man Aram Jabbari said [http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=124912#post124912]. "Either way, everybody wins, except of course for the titles not chosen."

Jabbari feels that "Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble" is the perfect title for a game in which you prove your mettle by "burying your fists and feet into the faces and/or guts of your foes," and I have to agree. Atlus is calling it "a badass name for a badass game." The only thing that would have been more badass is if they had kept the original title, Awesome Master of Badass Beating-Up-People Guys.

Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble's due in early 2010.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
This is amazingly awesome and I can't wait for crazy soccer mom's heads to explode when their kids buy the game and they see the word badass on it.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Like it was going to be anything else :p

It's rare situations like this that make me wish I had a PSP...

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
the game itself honestly didn't look that badass, but then i saw the eye lasers and denki anma. there's nothing not badass about that!

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
shadowgaunt said:
That is possibly the greatest title for a game, ever.
I second this statement.
And I plan on getting this game. Its just pure awesome.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
I should get this game for the title alone, just to say "I got a game called Badass Rumble".

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I can imagine the faces of my friends when I tell them about this.

The eyebeams would have been enough to catch my attention, but with a name like that, there's no way I can miss out on this game.

Also:

Tenmar said:
Could it be the next River City Ransom? I sure hope so.
PLEASE GIVE US SOME MORE RIVER CITY RANSOM! That game was good solid fun. I'd settle for a Bionic Commando/Megaman 9 style reboot.

owner276

Jul 3, 2009
Bold prediciton: this game will cause the exctinction of humanity.

Explanation: Think about it: "Badass rumble" The name alone will cause 60% of all customer's heads to explode from sheer awesomeness. The remaining 40% won't last past the title screen. After so many deaths, the media will start to report on it and when the title is uttered across worldwide television, almost everyone else will die.

Then, there will be one person whose head doesn't explode, even after playing through the game. He will get cocky and decide to tempt fate by taping the umd to a copy of No More Heroes, and spread Branston Pickle on it. The resulting explosion will cause every dimensional plane of being to disintegrate, and cause every universe in the multiverse to explode, including universes that don't actually exist like the Star Wars universe. All that will be left will be the jar of Branston Pickle, forever floating in an infinite black abyss.

Tell me if you see any flaws in this theory.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I am surprised they didn't go with the original name. Atlus is known for thier long titles.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Never heard of it, though the title is pretty good. But...

Please, please, please tell me they're considering bringing Arcana Heart 2 stateside!