EA Unveils Crysis 3 Announcement Trailer

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
EA Unveils Crysis 3 Announcement Trailer

The only thing better than Crysis 3 screens is a Crysis 3 gameplay trailer.

I haven't played Crysis 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Crysis-2-PC/dp/B002BWONOY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335301506&sr=8-2] yet so I have no idea how that whole alien invasion thing ended up but apparently there's now a big ol' dome over New York City and a runaway rainforest growing underneath. Why? I don't know, and I don't think it really matters, either. What matters is that Prophet is back, he's got his supercharged Lululemons on and he ain't happy. He's also got some kind of futuristic cyber-longbow. Violent shenanigans await!

I'm not sure how I feel about this video. I really enjoyed the original Crysis [http://www.amazon.com/Crysis-Collectors-Edition-Pc/dp/B000UCK0LW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1335301568&sr=8-4] right up to the point at which it stopped being a near-future faux-military shooter and turned into a full-on alien encounter, and Crysis 3 looks to be pretty much a straight-up sci-fi shooter. Then again, as mentioned I haven't touched the second game, so maybe there's something in the transition that'll make this a must-play.

Good or bad, there's no denying that Crysis 3 looks hot, although that's par for the course when it comes to Crytek shooters. Can't wait to find out what the recommended PC requirements are; I suspect that gigas a-plenty will be needed. Wait I will, though, because Crysis 3 won't be out until sometime in 2013, for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Cool, looks like an upgrade to two.

Don't think I'll be buying it though, no point buying a sequel that will be slightly worse in every way than Crysis 1 when there's ever more Crysis 1 mods to steam headlong into... for free!

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
He's also got some kind of futuristic cyber-longbow. Violent shenanigans await!
I wouldn't even call that a longbow...Long bows are, well, long. It's more of a futuristic compound bow with a arse backward recurve limb design.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
Sigh. Come on, guys! I reeeeeeeeally liked Crysis 1! I was even ok with the alien parts, because the aliens were weird and non-humanoid (a refreshing change) and the story was still well within the realm of speculative fiction, rather than true science fiction.

And then Crysis 2 introduced evil megacorps, symbiotic power armor, and aliens going out of their way to be boring and humanoid. And now Crysis 3 is making the megacorp nigh-invincible, putting a giant ecological dome over New York City, prominently featuring an absurd FUTURE BOW, and making a dead supporting character from the last two games the PC.

Crytek...let me make this perfectly clear.

This is not acceptable.

JediVash

Nov 7, 2010
Was I the only who was frozen(HAHA) with the awsomeness of that absolute zero dome of Ice from first Crysis? and when the Aliens were introduced it was an awsome break from the North korean enemys shifting from the main enemy to something much bigger,and relatively new? Crysis 2 went sooo damm linear that I watched HamsterAlliance playthrough on youtube just to know about the plot.

Thoughtful_Salt

Mar 29, 2012
Is it just me, or do those aliens look a hell of a lot like the collectors from Mass Effect 2? And how about that reaper-shaped alien robot later on?

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Looks alright. I never played the first game but I rented Crysis 2 on Xbox and it was fairly fun. May give this a try, of course it's by EA so i'd prefer to avoid it if possible.

Meh I don't care about it that much so unless it does something to really impress me it will be a rent at most.

Lucyfer86

Jun 30, 2011
Well, both Crysis 1 and 2 are one of my fav games of all time, so definitely looking forward to this.

MetroidNut

Sep 2, 2009
JediVash said:
Was I the only who was frozen(HAHA) with the awsomeness of that absolute zero dome of Ice from first Crysis? and when the Aliens were introduced it was an awsome break from the North korean enemys shifting from the main enemy to something much bigger,and relatively new? Crysis 2 went sooo damm linear that I watched HamsterAlliance playthrough on youtube just to know about the plot.
The first game's alien invasion story was nothing special, if you ask me, but it was so well-presented that I didn't care. And, awesomely enough, when the aliens arrived you had to change your tactics completely, since their flying drones were a lot more durable, relentless and airborne than the North Koreans. It's like the game shifted from a late-2000s shooter to a late-90s one halfway through.

Dr. McD said:
Jesus fucking Cry-st.
[link]http://mirrors.rit.edu/instantCSI/[/link]