Costume-Specific Boob Bouncing Coming to DOA5

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Costume-Specific Boob Bouncing Coming to DOA5

Fighters still apparently unaware of sports bras.

Developer Team Ninja has passion for boobs [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95221-Ninja-Gaiden-Sigma-2-Director-Every-Man-Loves-Tits], and it will be taking extra pains in the upcoming Dead or Alive 5 to assume that its heroines' bikini-fillers will be bouncing more accurately than ever before. Now, the deadly female fighters in Dead or Alive will have different "bounce" depending on the different costumes they wear.

In an interview with Famitsu [http://www.famitsu.com/news/201204/29014056.html], director Yohei Niibori said that not only would the movement of the game's heroines' Tahiti coconuts vary by character - a feature that the series has had for several games now - but it would now also depend on what outfit they were wearing. The level of clothing transparency would also vary between costumes, and you can make of that what you will.

Producer Yosuke Hayashi said that while released media thus far has all included entirely new outfits for the DOA crew, the game will certainly include new versions of the series' past costumes. Kasumi just isn't Kasumi without that blue thing [http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Kasumi] she's always wearing, after all.

Since the very beginning of the franchise, the one constant in the Dead or Alive series has been its love for bazongas. In the original game there was actually an option in the menu to adjust the bounce (in DOA2, cleverly disguised as the "player age" slider), and it's only continued from there.

At least you can't fault the developers for being honest.

(Via Andriasang [http://andriasang.com/con0vj/doa5_bounce_transparency/])

Cuddle_Buns

Apr 18, 2012
The "player age" slider never seemed to make a difference to the 'wobble factor' in my version of DOA2. And trust me I tested this to exhaustion; I was 13 at the time...

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Upon hearing this, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 designers looked up, noted, "Alright, whatever," and then went back to work on gameplay.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
I love a pair of boobs as much as the next guy, but I'm getting a little tired of this.
I'm happy to not be the target audience here, but if I was, I'd feel a little insulted.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Cleary a feature that is crucial and essantail.

OT: Ok, I won't deny that I like some fanservice but this is just silly. I hope that they also put as much effort in the gameplay.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Lord Beautiful said:
Upon hearing this, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 designers looked up, noted, "Alright, whatever," and then went back to work on gameplay.
Hopefully Tekken X Street Fighter shows better treatment to fans than either Team Ninja or Capcom has recently.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Okay...Team Ninja I will not get pissed about the boobies....

IF you come out with a DOA Men with the same number of sexy male characters as there are of sexy female characters in the original DOA, clothing transparency, different costumes for each guy, and clothing specific bulge bounce, and lots of fanservice.

Then we're even.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Sounds good to me. If there are going to be prominently displayed breasts in the game, I'd rather they spent some time working on making them look like they should. It's all part of the visual design of the game and, like it or not, it's something that all games (especially those made by Team Ninja in the past) get called out for by both players and reviewers when it's done wrong. I'm not sure if I can recall reading even a single review of DOAX2 that didn't mention the hilariously over the top breast physics in that game.

And for those praising Namco for being so amazingly classy: have you forgotten what the female characters wear in Soul Calibur or perhaps those totally classy SC5 ads?

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Cuddle_Buns said:
The "player age" slider never seemed to make a difference to the 'wobble factor' in my version of DOA2. And trust me I tested this to exhaustion; I was 13 at the time...
If you'd been 99 at the time you may have noticed :D

Sorry.

also, is there any way we can make the titties racist? Just to get the game more publicity? :D

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Well, at least some of my faith in DoA5 has been restored.

But still going to have to wait and see Helena and Mariposa in order to be sure.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
I don't really care for the boob bouncin since DOAX2 decided that each bewb needed a mind of it's own...

I'm still uber excited for DOA5...since it's one of my fav fighting games evarz...easy to get into...difficult to master (especially since they changed the timing for counters in DOA4)

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
Screamarie said:
Okay...Team Ninja I will not get pissed about the boobies....

IF you come out with a DOA Men with the same number of sexy male characters as there are of sexy female characters in the original DOA, clothing transparency, different costumes for each guy, and clothing specific bulge bounce, and lots of fanservice.

Then we're even.
But... a man's bulge doesn't bounce. It's just there, I suppose if he's wearing very LOOSE clothing it might swing around a bit. The whole point is realism right? Aren't several of the men in the series shirtless and handsome and/or grizzled? This little obsession of theirs has made me never really get interested in the dead or alive series as a whole even if the gameplay was good I'd feel to silly playing it.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
Oh, Dead or Alive...don't ever change.

I mean sorry, I'm still not gonna buy you but...I appreciate what you're doing.

...why am I talking to the franchise?

Rutskarn

Feb 20, 2010
ace_of_something said:
But... a man's bulge doesn't bounce. It's just there, I suppose if he's wearing very LOOSE clothing it might swing around a bit. The whole point is realism right? Aren't several of the men in the series shirtless and handsome and/or grizzled? This little obsession of theirs has made me never really get interested in the dead or alive series as a whole even if the gameplay was good I'd feel to silly playing it.
The bounce in these games isn't really realistic, no. It's the bounce you'd get in situations ideal to creating breast bounce.

So, yes, the male equivalent would be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE&feature=player_detailpage#t=56s