Resident Evil 5 Coming to PC in September

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Resident Evil 5 Coming to PC in September

Resident Evil 5 [http://www.capcom.com/] will be coming out for the PC in September, with support for Nvidia's new 3-D technology.

The most recent addition to the Resident Evil series will hit North American shelves on September 14, while European gamers get to turn their mice and keyboards against the zombie horde on September 18. PC gamers will get the "ultimate Resident Evil package," including new costumes and a "new and improved" mercenary mode with three times as many enemies.

The game will also support Nvidia's new GeForce 3D Vision [http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_3D_Vision_Main.html] technology, which will let gamers with the appropriate hardware experience "stereoscopic 3D out-of-screen effects." The 3-D technology will also be supported in the game's cut scenes, which Capcom says is an industry first. The 3-D effects were developed in conjunction with Nvidia as part of the company's "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" partnership program.

"Infected Majini coming at players from every angle, dust flying in and out of screen and the scariest bosses to date are taken up a notch," Capcom said. "Resident Evil 5 PC is a whole new level of fear players will never forget."

Gamers who want to see the Resident Evil 5 3-D technology in action can download a 595 megabyte non-interactive benchmark demo or a series of 3D Vision screenshots at nzone.com [http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_re5_downloads.html].

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Capcom is slowly becoming my favorite PC developer. This brings me great joy as I just finished RE5 on console but don't feel like a buy is in order for it. On PC... for sure.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Meh. I dont think many people will buy it. I enjoyed it but not as much as the others in the series. "Whole new level of fear" is the point I hate most in that. Resident Evil 5 is not scary. A scary game is something in which you dont want to walk round the next corner coz your literally afraid of what is round it. A game isnt scarier if it makes you jump every so often. Hell even Oblivion has made me jump. It isnt a scary game though.

But I honestly dont think the new and improved things arent something that couldnt have been on the console versions and are just a cheap marketing ploy.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Yeah I've better things to do, call back when you learn to scare me like Thief.

hansari

May 31, 2009
jamesworkshop said:
Sweet if only i had the money Capcom do seem to know how to do ports properly now
Are you speaking from experience? Cause the pc ports for the Resident Evil series have been disappointing so far.

As for other games Capcom has ported...well my friend purchased Street Fighter 4 for the pc and it keeps crashing on him. (So much for taking advantage of free multiplayer...)

Resident Evil and Street Fighter...such exceptional handling of their two most popular game series. (well, there is Megaman also...)

I suggest you all keep games from Capcom away from your "mice" and "keyboard".

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
hansari said:
jamesworkshop said:
Sweet if only i had the money Capcom do seem to know how to do ports properly now
Are you speaking from experience? Cause the pc ports for the Resident Evil series have been disappointing so far.

As for other games Capcom has ported...well my friend purchased Street Fighter 4 for the pc and it keeps crashing on him. (So much for taking advantage of free multiplayer...)

Resident Evil and Street Fighter...such exceptional handling of their two most popular game series. (well, there is Megaman also...)

Well, the Devil May Cry 4 port was really good, and I heard good things about the Lost Planet one as well, and the SFIV one, at least the one person I know with it says it works fine. Mostly from what I can tell recent Capcom PC ports have been good, might have something to do with the engine they use now, which is built for multiple platforms.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
So we get a severely belated port with the only major change being a tacked on gimmick only available to the few that spent a grand on their monitor that they will charge full price for regardless?

Fuck you capcom.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
hansari said:
jamesworkshop said:

Street fighter 4 has been solid for me but I do run a very clean machine same with Devil may cry 4 which as i understand is the same engine for Res 5 and so should run max fine on my 9800GTX so its not like them even require expensive hardware to run

"I suggest you all keep games from Capcom away from your "mice" and "keyboard"

I do I use my wired Xbox 360 controller

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I would only buy it if there was a mod to make it so you didn't have an annoying sidekick with awful AI.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Keane Ng said:
Well, the Devil May Cry 4 port was really good, and I heard good things about the Lost Planet one as well, and the SFIV one, at least the one person I know with it says it works fine. Mostly from what I can tell recent Capcom PC ports have been good, might have something to do with the engine they use now, which is built for multiple platforms.
They've been very, very good.

j.c.

Feb 26, 2009
If they really wanted to make this a better port, they should have rehauled the inventory system.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Asehujiko said:
So we get a severely belated port with the only major change being a tacked on gimmick only available to the few that spent a grand on their monitor that they will charge full price for regardless?

Fuck you capcom.
we also get anti aliasing as well and real 1080P and beyond :)

"PC gamers will get the "ultimate Resident Evil package," including new costumes and a "new and improved" mercenary mode with three times as many enemies."

also a 3D mode for people with infinite money besides we also get the game cheaper than the consoles.

So do you really hate Capcom for selling you more game for less money?

hansari

May 31, 2009
jamesworkshop said:
Keane Ng said:
the SFIV one, at least the one person I know with it says it works fine...
Oh, how could I forget...unlike consoles, different PC's have different hardware specs.

Which means different video cards.

Capcom dances with Nvidia, so that means ATI users are gonna be in a bit of trouble.

My friends card/system can play Modern Warfare on the highest settings, but it keeps crapping out on Street Fighter IV.

When he went to Capcom's forums for tech support, which he said took ridiculously long (and my friend is the patient type), Capcom said there really wasn't anything they could do about it.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
hansari said:
jamesworkshop said:
Keane Ng said:
the SFIV one, at least the one person I know with it says it works fine...
Oh, how could I forget...unlike consoles, different PC's have different hardware specs.

Which means different video cards.

Capcom dances with Nvidia, so that means ATI users are gonna be in a bit of trouble.

My friends card/system can play Modern Warfare on the highest settings, but it keeps crapping out on Street Fighter IV.

When he went to Capcom's forums for tech support, which he said took ridiculously long (and my friend is the patient type), Capcom said there really wasn't anything they could do about it.
SF4 seems to run fine on my mates 4890

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
jamesworkshop said:
Asehujiko said:

Fuck you capcom.
we also get anti aliasing as well and real 1080P and beyond :)

"PC gamers will get the "ultimate Resident Evil package," including new costumes and a "new and improved" mercenary mode with three times as many enemies."

also a 3D mode for people with infinite money besides we also get the game cheaper than the consoles.

So do you really hate Capcom for selling you more game for less money?
He is just whining for the sake of whining. As a PC gamer, I'm amazed at how Capcom seems to be giving us such treats despite the rampant piracy that antagonize the PC Gaming industy.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Keane Ng said:
hansari said:
jamesworkshop said:

The port of DMC 4 was the superior version, the thing was eyeball searing, and the thing actually my PC a run for it's money on very high (I tend not to actually crank anything up, except to see the limits of my PC) where it started to chug a bit.

I hope SFIV is solid on the PC, I'm planning to buy it soon. And RE5? Good stuff, I'll get that soon enough too, but to hell with the stereo vision glasses, my eyesight is waning as is with all this late night screen gazing. Not to mention the heinous price, I'll wait it out.