30,000 Dominoes Proves Fan's Love of Nintendo

t33mhonda

Aug 4, 2006
30,000 Dominoes Proves Fan's Love of Nintendo

Watching this many small rectangles fall is more fun than Tetris.

There's something pure and childlike about the joy one feels watching a meticulously-placed display of dominoes fall one by one. The clicking, the anticipation, the spectacle of a crash all culminate in a smile. It's similar to how a great and simple videogame can delight and entertain you no matter how old you are. Nintendo fan and YouTube channeler "ShanesDominoez [http://www.youtube.com/user/ShanesDominoez]" put those two loves together and created a wonderful display of more than 30,000 dominoes. Then he turned on the camera, and knocked over the first one and watched them fly.

There a few nods to specific Nintendo games like Mario Bros., Pokemon and Zelda, but I especially liked the console section with depictions of the DS and the Gamecube. Some might scoff at the inclusion of Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog, but ShanesDominoez says he has enjoyed those games too.

"Also, Sonic/SEGA belongs in this video! We have enjoyed the Sonic games on Nintendo consoles since the early 2000s," he said in the video description.

Quibbles about publishing companies aside, the display ShanesDominoez created is a fun way to spend three minutes. Thanks!

Source: YouTube [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EwrOOQyEdzM]

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
God DAMN. That is some insane Dominoes shit.

Dominoes are the only thing you can put so much time into only to get one shot out of but damn does it turn out good when done.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I noticed two fails.

1: Sonic isn't a Nintendo property, at least not traditionally...it was, in fact, the mascot for what once was their biggest competitor.

2: One of the rows in "The End" didn't fall. :p

Still, pretty god damn impressive.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Man they got one hell of a patience to do all that. I mean I would of gone ballistic if I didn't place it correctly and it knock over my half finish work.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
That was amazing!
Although I don't like modern nintendo, I loved this video.
Definitely right to include Sonic there, even though it was a SEGA game. SEGA was also awesome once.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
RJ 17 said:
I noticed two fails.

1: Sonic isn't a Nintendo property, at least not traditionally...it was, in fact, the mascot for what once was their biggest competitor.

2: One of the rows in "The End" didn't fall. :p

Still, pretty god damn impressive.
3. No kirby love.

That was definitely outstanding I'll give him that. The use of actual wii box cases and wiimotes was also a nice touch.

...This is the thread where unironically owning and regularly playing on the wii won't get me laughed at right?

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I don't care if some people think that might be a waste of a life. imo, that's time well-spent.

Someone give this guy a medal!

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
Man they got one hell of a patience to do all that. I mean I would of gone ballistic if I didn't place it correctly and it knock over my half finish work.
I would imagine that there were breaks in the path so that accidents wouldn't ruin the whole thing. Then just place the last few pieces at the end. Either way, it was quite entertaining to see that.

crepesack

May 20, 2008
Who else scrolled down to see if anyone else remarked about sonic in a nintendo tribute.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
crepesack said:
Who else scrolled down to see if anyone else remarked about sonic in a nintendo tribute.
I did, as soon as the video ended and I finished subscribing to their account. Because I just wanted to be sure it bothered someone else. >.>

OT: I...wow....I've always loved when people do that with dominoes. You can find anything on youtube huh? Sooooo awesome!