Michael Jackson Is Still Black

Firefilm

May 27, 2011

This week, the guys wrap up the debate on which time machine is the best.

Read Full Article

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Umm, I don't usually watch/read you guys' stuff, so there may be some kind of inside joke I'm not privy to here, but, er, what's this got to do with Michael Jackson?

OT: For the sake of being on topic, I still reckon the Delorean wins (TARDIS is awesome, but does it have gullwings? I rest my case), although I've never heard of Seven Days, so I'll have to try to find time to watch that at some point in the future.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Firefilm said:

Read Full Article
The best time machine is obviously Hiro Nakamura from Heroes. All the guy has to do is squint and he can go anywhere and anywhen.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Andronicus said:
Umm, I don't usually watch/read you guys' stuff, so there may be some kind of inside joke I'm not privy to here, but, er, what's this got to do with Michael Jackson?

OT: For the sake of being on topic, I still reckon the Delorean wins (TARDIS is awesome, but does it have gullwings? I rest my case), although I've never heard of Seven Days, so I'll have to try to find time to watch that at some point in the future.
Well first of all, clearly you should go back and watch all of our quality videos, because they are in fact...quality.

As for the joke, since the Hot Tub Time Machine won the debate for best time machine due to it's lax liqueur laws and attraction to the ladies, the final line in the debate was "...and Michael Jackson's still black!"

It builds off the line from the movie where the question is asked what color is Michael Jackson in order to determine what year they are in. Since he was still black, they were clearly in the past.

Thus the joke has been explained, robbing it of all and any comedic value. TADA!

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
artanis_neravar said:
Firefilm said:

Read Full Article
The best time machine is obviously Hiro Nakamura from Heroes. All the guy has to do is squint and he can go anywhere and anywhen.
Didn't he get a brain tumor from doing that?

Brett Bowling

May 12, 2012
Since I'm sure hundreds of others will say this so I'll try and beat them to it.
But guuuuys what about that blue flute thing that green guy uses to manipulate time, but only three days worth of time, or it can put you in a coma for six years.....wait, was that the sword that did that? did the flute just open doors...what was I talking about, stopwatches and hot tubs or something.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Firefilm said:
artanis_neravar said:
Firefilm said:

Read Full Article
Didn't he get a brain tumor from doing that?
Only after he lost (EDIT) his powers (End EDIT) to one of the bad guys, and got it back through artificial means, like the Terrigen Mist, or another person's powers.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
There is actually a doctor who short where the TARDIS materializes inside the TARDIS. When you enter the door of the "small TARDIS" you enter into the "big TARDIS". This episode does time travel very well.

OT: I have to say, the TARDIS should have won (why yes I am a fanboy, what tipped you off?) because in the end, it actually has a hot tub in it and it's official name is Sexy. No seriously, the TARDIS is sentient and goes by the name Sexy.

popa_qwerty

Dec 21, 2010
You have gain a new reader just for including Seven Days but I am confused you did not add The Time Machine 2002 film. I think it was one of the best Time travel movies ever. Thanks to that the movie and Seven Days I am now the Time travel freak I am today. I miss Seven Days I wish i could fine a DVD set for less than 100 USD.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
The main problem I have with Seven Days is that it is never explained what happened to the seven days ago pilot when he traveled back. Just seemed to disappear maybe? Never mentioned...

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
I'm still not hearing about any photon torpedoes on these time machines. And a cloaking device. And harbored a blue frikkin whale.

TheAwesome

Apr 14, 2009
I think the best time machine is the Time Travel Face Bag from Metalocalypse. It lets you travel forward in time at the speed of time, with just a plastic bag. Anyone can use it and there's no risk of destroying the universe or preventing yourself from being born or any of that other causality nonsense that comes with regular time travel.