E3: Go "Undercover" Again in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010
E3: Go "Undercover" Again in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Everything explodes.

Read Full Article

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
I expect the 'choice' of doing a mission on two ways will still be linear. Meaning that shortly after your choice, you will have to jump a wall, or something will collapse behind you meaning you couldn't backtrack or change your mind. Also that the game will still be rail-shooter in style, just with a 'go left/right' option midway.

I played Black Ops, I was VERY disappointed. With both the story (more with the presentation of it than the twist - which I guessed early on). But the whole WOW factor, it was all eye candy than play or fun. Played it once all the way through, that was enough, but I am a single player person by nature...

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
I'm not expecting much here, but I will eventually buy it when I see it on sale.

And the multiplayer better have some decent maps, because MW3's sucked big time.

Alexnader

$20 For Steve
May 18, 2009
CardinalPiggles said:
I'm not expecting much here, but I will eventually buy it when I see it on sale.

And the multiplayer better have some decent maps, because MW3's sucked big time.
While the futuristic setting has piqued my interest more so than other modern CoD games I honestly I won't be picking this up unless they basically make Battlefield 2142 maps for multiplayer, which would be a huge departure from the series standard tiny maps with tiny scope. So it's not going to happen. Its always puzzled me that in a series which prides itself on massive set-pieces in its singleplayer campaign has a multiplayer which consists of sticking a dozen guys on a plot of land the size of which amounts to about a neighborhood block and having them shoot each other with boring old guns for a bit.

However, with the futuristic setting comes all sorts of possibilities. High verticality in maps? Fighting within futuristic towers using all sorts of mobility based gadgets like zip lines or dare I say even jetpacks? Increased presence of killstreak activated vehicles with robots and UAVs everywhere?

Probably not but a man can dream.

Epidemiix

Custom Title Yay!
Jan 3, 2012
So I am not very big on Call of Duty...... but why does this game want me to buy it!? I have also been waiting for more "post-modern" FPS games since I played Battlefield 2142 (which I thought was really good and they should totally make a new one). These game trailers that I am seeing for this game really appeal to me in that way. I mean come on mechs are always badass.

I would say to them take my money....but I am probably going to get it used (HAH Suck it Activision!)

Apr 5, 2008
Haha, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is already obsolete? :)

If I begged hard enough for gamers to stop buying this annual rehash and help the game industry move in a better direction, would it make a difference?

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Epidemiix said:
So I am not very big on Call of Duty...... but why does this game want me to buy it!? I have also been waiting for more "post-modern" FPS games since I played Battlefield 2142 (which I thought was really good and they should totally make a new one). These game trailers that I am seeing for this game really appeal to me in that way. I mean come on mechs are always badass.

I would say to them take my money....but I am probably going to get it used (HAH Suck it Activision!)
Well after BF:BC2 got a Vietnam xpack, I wouldn't be shocked if BF3 gets a 2142 xpack. I'm hoping to all hope that this happens.

MagmaMan

Apr 2, 2012
CardinalPiggles said:

Hmm... I doubt the maps will turn out crap. Treyarch has demonstrated with World at War and Black Ops especially they are capable of making really interesting and fun maps. The real question is, how easy will it be for the die-hard have-to-win-at-all-costs players that always ruin whatever Call of Duty game happens to be the newest? My hopes aren't high for the multiplayer because of this. I'm mainly looking forward to the campaign and zombies.

Grey Day for Elcia

Jan 15, 2012
Another Modern Warfare expansion pack, this time with flashy guns!

P-lease. This will surely be the game that sees the series begin to fall into a black hole.

Mike Richards

Nov 28, 2009
I don't care much about the multiplayer, I actually loved MW2 for how batshit it was but Blops 1 made it boring by trying to fix it.

The campaign is a different story. I really appreciated what Treyarch did in the first one, it was the first faltering steps towards something new but it was progress all the same. The kind of things I've been hearing about 2 would make me intrigued by any game regardless of franchise, the fact that it could by extension also make COD more interesting is just icing on the cake. So yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Wow, either a sign that CoD is disintegrating or turning a new leaf. I'm certainly impressed by the gameplay concept, but I wonder how it will still appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I was going to say something cynical but after re-reading the article I'll maintain an open mind. Even Call of Duty is capable of redemption with something like this.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Black Gear Solid Op 4?

Old man, Check
Mecha, Check
Building destroyed, Check
Epic Explosion with first person view, Check
Future tech thingies, Check
Elite force/person, Check
Horse back, Check
OK...been there, done that, I'll pass, thanks...
I'll just go back to Tribes:Ascend thankyouverymuch

Cyborgs, Uncheck

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I´m...looking forward to it. I liked the sound of having some opinions ,tho odds are they aren`t really big ones.
Still, at least it`s progress. And hey, I´ve heard quite a lot of interesting things about the singleplayer.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
punipunipyo said:

Cyborgs, Uncheck
Infantry traveling at vehicle speeds, uncheck.

Those CoD worshiping shazbots don't know what speed is.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
TLS14 said:
punipunipyo said:

Cyborgs, Uncheck

Vehicles that have good controls, uncheck. Two can play at this game.

OT: I'm really looking forward to this actually, it's sounding to be so much less copy and pasty like MW3. From what I've heard they're completely revamping the multiplayer, and since I thought Black Ops' MP was good but had a few big problems this will be good. Treyarch is now my favorite of the two COD developers.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
TLS14 said:
punipunipyo said:

Cyborgs, Uncheck

I hear ya bro, I am about ready to go back to "stay'n alive!" CoD don't have disco parties, we do!~

Disco Parties, Unchecked

ToastiestZombie said:
TLS14 said:
punipunipyo said:

Cyborgs, Uncheck

OT: I'm really looking forward to this actually, it's sounding to be so much less copy and pasty like MW3. From what I've heard they're completely revamping the multiplayer, and since I thought Black Ops' MP was good but had a few big problems this will be good. Treyarch is now my favorite of the two COD developers.
You mad bro? Tribes vehicles drives so smoothly, we use them to Ram "Infantry traveling at vehicle speeds" WHILE FLYING!

Use Vehicles to ram "Infantry traveling at vehicle speeds" (IN MID AIR) while doing crazy air stuns and dodging missiles, Uncheck <Shrike, The only way to fly/roadkill; soon to be challenged by HAVOC>

Skill shots, Uncheck (Where is the Blue Plate?)

Random/Luck based deaths, check

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
ToastiestZombie said:
TLS14 said:

Vehicles, period, uncheck. (Except for Black Ops 2, apparently)

Why yes, I certainly can play this game.

punipunipyo said:
I hear ya bro, I am about ready to go back to "stay'n alive!" CoD don't have disco parties, we do!~

Disco Parties, Unchecked
Damn it, I still haven't unlocked the disco. I play a Tech most of the time, so I'm focusing on getting all of that equipment, as well as hoarding my XP for the Tech's update.

In other news, this is now a Tribes thread.