Shoots and Ladders

Leels

Feb 13, 2010
Shoots and Ladders

That's how to keep a cat from landing on its feet.

Read Full Article

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Good shot. I love the cats expression.
I really do prefer your work to Critical Miss these days.
You'll ace that presentation.
Not that it is all a competition for my approval. Which is a shame.

Qitz

Mar 6, 2011
Podi Puss uses Take Down!

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Guess the costume also helps with aerodynamics so it's win / win. Bad ass looking AND functional.

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
We wish you luck! Here's hoping you get that job Lele!

And wooooooo! Go Podi!

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Podi Power! Woo!

LeeLee, you've gotta remember lil' ol' us when you're all famous and successful. :p

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Blunderboy said:
This. Critical Miss is going weird, unfunny places.

Name Game is great and anyone who gives up a chance to hire Lee-Lee is certifiable.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
Andronicus said:
Blunderboy said:

Name Game is great and anyone who gives up a chance to hire Lee-Lee is certifiable.
I'm sorry, but the Critical Miss team wins by virtue of actually finishing their work a majority of the time.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Marmooset said:
Andronicus said:
Blunderboy said:

I'm sorry, but the Critical Miss team wins by virtue of actually finishing their work a majority of the time.
And LeeLee doesn't finish hers?

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Marmooset said:
Andronicus said:
Blunderboy said:

This. I appreciate being kept informed of LeeLee's schedule and appreciate that she has endured while overcoming a physical handicap. But, as a typical unappreciative consumer, I want my webcomic as promised. I'm not paying for them (well, other than PubClub). I am not entitled to them. I just want them.

I have really dug the Critical Miss evolution of story and art. It is in an odd place at the moment, but I am confident it is going somewhere. Critical Miss humor is clearly gamer targetted and riddled with inside jokes and memorabilia that only the gamer will acknowledge and appreciate.

This particular webcomic installment is very cute. I like it. It reflects my disdain for cats. The exhaggerated expression and movement amuses me. But, it doesn't have much to do with gaming and hasn't for a couple issues. I'm rooting for you LeeLee. Let's get this comic back into the gaming store with gaming characters and make fun of gaming. Oh, and put the color back in.

It is now the day after your Thursday night ordeal. I hope everything went well for you. If you land a new job, please continue to publish this comic for The Escapist.
artanis_neravar said:
I won't say that I have really been keeping track of deadlines. But, in light of her hand and some other commitments, she has recently had some guest artists filling in for her and much of her recent work has been "unfinished". By this I mean that the comics have lacked color or the speech bubbles have been thrown in haphazardly in grey, or the comic is just random sketches instead of a real comic sort of thing. Some of the comics have had grey wash for shadowing (which adds a lot of depth) while others have just been B&W inked outlines. You could argue that it is just experimentation with different styles, but I would probably chalk it up to lack of time.

LeeLee has explained her situation in the comments of each comic. And I have read them, because I enjoy the series. Hell, I submitted a comic in The Escapist webcomic contest and watch these two strips like a reality show to see what webcomic authors actually have to deal with. It seems to me that LeeLee is very "squeezed" for time these days. At least that's my take on it.
Getting the topspin is the hardest part.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
artanis_neravar said:
Marmooset said:
Andronicus said:
Blunderboy said:

Remember that arc that abruptly stopped 20 comics ago? Me neither because it was 20 comics ago, that's not finishing her work.

Not that I'm made at you Lee Lee I'm just disappointed, I want to know who gets hired at Name Game.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Poor cat, it`ll be scarred for life...not literally, hopefully.
But still, good throw, good aim. I´m pretty sure it`s very difficult to throw such a supercreature accurately enough

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Podi looks like an octorok with his mask and the boot in front like that... which is awesome.

=y

May 11, 2012
You're getting accepted into the webcomic social circle? RUN BEFORE THEY CLAIM YOU AS THEIR OWN! D:

Just kidding. I'm sure Podi Puss would come to your rescue if things got bad.