Escapist Expo Announces Chest High Walls, Tactical Laser Tag

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Escapist Expo Announces Chest High Walls, Tactical Laser Tag

Test your skills in a live-action (non-lethal) first-person-shooter.

We're really excited about seeing many of you this September at our first annual Escapist Expo in Durham, NC, so please don't take it the wrong way if you suddenly find an ominous, tiny red dot dancing across your chest when you get here. One-shotting you from cover is just our way of saying, "Welcome!" It's also our way of saying "Hey, get over here, because we're all playing frakking outdoor laser tag, and it's completely awesome."

That's right, this year we're pleased to announce Chest High Walls, a 16 vs. 16, live-action competitive multiplayer experience with state-of-the-art laser weaponry provided by Tactical Laser Tag [http://www.tacticallasertag.com/tlt-equipment.html]. Matches will be held exclusively in first-person, with games running all three days from 12:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. in fifteen-minute sets. With a badge, each round is only $5.00.

All Expo VIPs will be granted Fast-Lane access (meaning you can play quicker and more often than the normals) but, gasp, our free VIP upgrade ends this Friday, June 1st! So, if you're planning on attending this year, now is the perfect time to head over to our registration page [http://www.escapistexpo.com/registration] and take advantage of the deal. Aside from a quicker respawn, Expo VIPs will also be given a special badge pick-up line, early access to our Big Saturday Night Party, special reserved seating for Friday's Movie Night with Movie Bob, and tons of other stuff that we'll be announcing in the coming weeks and months. Just remember, if you miss the free upgrade, it's an additional $10 to bolster a one-day pass, or $15 for the full three-day event badge.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Excited. This seems like it could be fun. I'm tempted to break the rules, and build a rig so that I can play in third person, because no one likes first person/cover based combos.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
And you could cover them in goo, so that people accidentally get stuck to them when they hide up against them.

kitsuta

<Clever Title Here>
Jan 10, 2011
I have all the dexterity and grace of a three-legged giraffe, so I probably won't be participating. But laser tag is still boss.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
DVS BSTrD said:
Susan Arendt said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Will be able to bring my cat?
Sadly, we will not be providing any cat-sized armaments, so while your cat can attend, he/she cannot participate.
But what if my cat...
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTespBsI9F0Qske7ctbAzQ4P7NWlcLmfWSjWK2lB97OHa-SiNlUsgvPFKZX1w
Hmmm...you may have an unfair advantage at that point. We would need to achieve cat equilibrium before starting the match.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Sounds like fun. I'll at least play a few times I'm sure. I like laser-tag, but it's been years since I've played. And it's never been outdoor laser tag either, always the stuff at the arcade.

The more I hear about this, the more excited I get. One of the reasons I very recently got into magic was because they're having games at the expo (Plus, the Friday Nights mini-series by the LRR crew helped the decision). Plus I look forward to seeing all the people there.

=y

May 11, 2012
The more I hear about this, the more I regret being too poor to make the trip. :/

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
As I read the title, my thoughts were...

JHVSKAFLHKRSDBTYLHZSBRTBEBERKJTKJB!!!

...For I won't be able to go due to school. And man, I really, REALLY wish I could go.

My plan was to train my cat to take my place at school. I ad it all ready: the clothes, the books, the car, etc. Then I remembered my cat is blonde. I'm not. That would be a dead giveaway.

So guys! For the love of geezus! Tell me there will be an expo next year! By then I'll be out of school and MAAAAAYBE I'll be able to go. D8

*Coughorgiveawayfreeticketscough*

>_>

<_<

PS: GoldenEye gun thing image...classy.

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
I actually live in North Carolina and still can't go because I'll have deployed to Japan by then. =/

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Shut up and take my money!

Oh wait... You already did :D

Edit: This one is mine!

Failing that, the Assualt rifle will do

Ackbar420

May 19, 2012
Hopefully nobody will start live-action tea-bagging...

Also, Thank god this thing is in Durham. It's about 30-40 meters away from my school. I have no excuse not to go.

Finally! Something close!

ThinRedPaste

Jun 20, 2012
I wonder how robust the gear is, because I intend to be dressed like Max Payne one day, and well...

edit: and maybe an Imperial Commissar one day, so those around me can either be inspired or be executed.