E3 Preview: Crysis 3

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
E3 Preview: Crysis 3

Prophet is back, and he?s packed his bow.

Read Full Article

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Same old, same old. Nothing new to see here.

On a side note, did anyone else read the title as "asses"?

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Yet more Crysis 3 E3 footage commence!

In all seriousness, this article for every single tidbit of information is a bad idea. There was once a time when people would wait for all the information about a subject to be released from the E3 and then write an article encompassing it all. This is just redundant.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
More in graphics and physics for high end pc's, but lame standard fps gameplay like Crisis 2. I played Crisis 2 on 360, an it was boring, rented it for 5 days, took it back after 2 days. PC crowd need to put gameplay first and not the game graphics etc. That game sucked so bad - extra physics and lightening wont save it.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Im not against the game. Just that it seems to be sold on the engine and graphics/physics than the game itself. I loved Halflife 2, the "bullets hit objects realistic" stuff was awesome. Same as in the Starwars games where the enemies grab onto stuff when you throw them. Looks great in demos, but in game its just background. Crisis 2 sucked mostly. The best graphics in the world wont make it better.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
I had a lot of fun playing the first Crysis and Warhead, but never got around to the, apparently, inferior but still well received sequel. I should get around to buying it.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
I will obediently and willingly hand them my launch day money to get my fix. I take the total package into mind, not just the 2 things everyone likes to harp on about. Plus, Hans Zimmer can make the hair on my arms stand up.

DustStorm

Oct 30, 2008
The really interesting part of Crysis 3 is going to be, for me atleast, how they handle Alcatraz and Prophet aspect in the next game.

I wonder how they'll pull it off as it is actually an interesting story. YMMV.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
SonOfVoorhees said:
More in graphics and physics for high end pc's, but lame standard fps gameplay like Crisis 2. I played Crisis 2 on 360, an it was boring, rented it for 5 days, took it back after 2 days. PC crowd need to put gameplay first and not the game graphics etc. That game sucked so bad - extra physics and lightening wont save it.
If you'll notice, most PC gamers bemoan Crysis 2 for being far smaller and worse than the original.

Danceofmasks

Jul 16, 2010
SonOfVoorhees said:
Im not against the game. Just that it seems to be sold on the engine and graphics/physics than the game itself. I loved Halflife 2, the "bullets hit objects realistic" stuff was awesome. Same as in the Starwars games where the enemies grab onto stuff when you throw them. Looks great in demos, but in game its just background. Crisis 2 sucked mostly. The best graphics in the world wont make it better.
Also, Crysis 2 had worse graphics than Crysis 1.
Just saying, it was NOT sold on the engine.